Home – New Forums Tech talk changing hosting suppliers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up
    ::

This may be a silly question, but will changing hosting suppliers affect my SEO / pagerank at all? Same url, just thinking of renewing the hosting with someone else.

Karl
    • Total posts: 55
    Up
    Leisa at Alexandra Design, post: 56502 wrote:
    Will changing hosting suppliers affect my SEO / pagerank at all?

Short answer: no

Long answer: Slightly. The faster your host is for your target market, the better Google ranks you. So try and have your site hosted on a fast server that is physically close to the bulk of the site’s audience.

Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up

You should find my comment useful here.

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    This may be a silly question, but will changing hosting suppliers affect my SEO / pagerank at all? Same url, just thinking of renewing the hosting with someone else.

100% no.

the load speed has very , very small influence in ranking.

Identiti
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Speed no. Location, a bit.

While it’s not by any means a HUGE amount of influence, the location of the server does go towards how Google sorts.

Google is especially good at targeting your location, so when you Google “restaurant” you should most probably find things in your general area over ones that are just SEO’d really well. In order to fit with this, having the server in the same location CAN make a bit of difference.

I’ll try and find the Google blog article about it…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.