Home – New Forums Selling online Cheap domestic / international parcel postage?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aimeea
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

So I have a product I plan to sell online and I am crunching numbers at the moment. Trying to find the cheapest way to post it all over Australia and to the US.

Each parcel is 44cm x 64 cm x 34cm

Weight 7 kg

I am getting quotes form couriers etc but thought someone might know a cheap and good option ??? :)

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some on-point advice.

Cheers

Kwing
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Have you tried Fastway? Having said this. You also need to consider the reliability of the courier company as well as the cost for yourself.

For me because I am only sending small parcels out I am using Australia Post. Not the cheapest but I think they are reliable. I personally dont like Fastway because organizing pick ups is a pain and my customer wont like that. If you go cheap then service will be compromised which may impact customer experience.

aimeea
    Up

Yeah I am waiting for a quote from Fastways at the moment.

International shipping seems to be an issue though

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

try someone like transdirect, they have a few different courier companies, and you can choose the cheapest option for each individual delivery. I have even compared their price with the individual couriers and it is still cheaper and sometimes better terms.

AnnekeLeR
    Up
    Kwing, post: 237821, member: 75763 wrote:
    Have you tried Fastway? Having said this. You also need to consider the reliability of the courier company as well as the cost for yourself.

For me because I am only sending small parcels out I am using Australia Post. Not the cheapest but I think they are reliable. I personally dont like Fastway because organizing pick ups is a pain and my customer wont like that. If you go cheap then service will be compromised which may impact customer experience.
    [USER=75763]@Kwing[/USER], I am starting an online business and thinking of using Australia Post to deliver goods around the country, have you found the service reliable and cost effective? Any issues with not being able to access certain parts of the country? If you use the next day delivery is it reliable, or with the 2+ days option how long does the item usually take to reach it’s destination? Any advice would be very helpful, thanks!

Kwing
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    AnnekeLeR, post: 238910, member: 83581 wrote:
    [USER=75763]@Kwing[/USER], I am starting an online business and thinking of using Australia Post to deliver goods around the country, have you found the service reliable and cost effective? Any issues with not being able to access certain parts of the country? If you use the next day delivery is it reliable, or with the 2+ days option how long does the item usually take to reach it’s destination? Any advice would be very helpful, thanks!

[USER=83581]@AnnekeLeR[/USER] Austpost to my knowledge and experience is quite good as they have an extensive network, however, they are also the most expensive. How big are your products?

talart
    • Total posts: 68
    Up

Austpost are efficient and reliable for small package/parcel item. It is the mainstay of the Post Office today especially with the advent of online shopping.

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail.html

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    aimeea, post: 237813, member: 84234 wrote:
    So I have a product I plan to sell online and I am crunching numbers at the moment. Trying to find the cheapest way to post it all over Australia and to the US.

Each parcel is 44cm x 64 cm x 34cm

Weight 7 kg

I am getting quotes form couriers etc but thought someone might know a cheap and good option ??? :)
    Hi there try Couriers Please – https://www.couriersplease.com.au/Ship/International they are getting some good feedback from our customers.

John

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.