Home – New Forums Other discussions Cheap office supplies – who do you use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dangaff
    • Total posts: 244
    Up
    ::

Just a random thought and post but I was wondering who everyone uses for their office supplies?
    wholesalers? officeworks? eBay?
    Does anybody know any decent eBay stationary store? (has the majority of supplies you want)

Thanks guys,
    Dan

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

It usually depends on the products you are purchasing. I usually use office national, but will also use OfficeWorks as well. At the moment Officeworks has a special on the paper I use, so I will buy a pallet from there, but my C4 envelopes are half the price of OfficeWorks at office national.

Haven’t bought any stationery from Ebay actually… Hmmm… time to lose another half hour of my life :)

dangaff
    Up

Find anything interesting?

AgentMail
    Up

Nah, nothing noteworthy. Lots of gimmicky type stuff, but not really anything I would use on any major scale. Mainly I was searching for things like paper, envelopes etc. Perhaps there would be more luck with manilla folders and the like, but the issue does seem to be that there is not a whole ‘store’ so you could combine postage on a number of items.

dangaff
    Up

Yeah exactly, I quickly tried a google search for ‘largest eBay stationary stores’ etc.
    The good thing is eBay is pretty damn cheap due to the low overheads I guess but trying to find a ‘super store’ with it all, or at least majority of the supplies you need seems to be hard to come by.

AgentMail
    Up

Gap in the Ebay market perhaps? Surely not!!!

dangaff
    Up

I was thinking the same thing! interesting!

Garenius
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

If you aren’t using particularly difficult to find supplies, then buying in bulk from Officeworks shouldn’t be too expensive in the long run.

dangaff
    Up

I don’t usually buy to many supplies but thought it’d be interesting to find any cheap suppliers, also thought it could be useful for everyone else

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

If you don’t need alot, try your local discount / $2 shop – ours has post-its, packing tape and dispensers, notepads, packs of copy paper, highlighters, staples – all sorts of things. I stay away from the cheap pens, though – some things are worth spending a little more on.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.