Home – New Forums Tech talk Cheap SSL Certificate?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up
    ::

Hello Friends,

I am looking for SSL certificate and wants to know, any cheapest?

Thanks,
    vilson

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

What sort of SSL cert are you after?

Have you looked at Godaddy? http://www.godaddy.com/ssl/ssl-certificates.aspx

Cheers,
    John

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

One big thing to keep in mind when getting a SSL cert is that it supports BOTH your site with AND without the “www.” portion.

If you want support on tablets/mobiles is another concern as not all certs support these.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Advice: Stay away from godaddy. Just google “godaddy problems/issues” and you’ll see why.

But your web host should have an SSL certificate option, which would usually be the cheapest/easiest. If in need of a host too, best place to find a good one is either on webhostingtalk.com, or the whirlpool site.

Cheers,
    Dave

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 124587 wrote:
    Advice: Stay away from godaddy. Just google “godaddy problems/issues” and you’ll see why.

But your web host should have an SSL certificate option, which would usually be the cheapest/easiest. If in need of a host too, best place to find a good one is either on webhostingtalk.com, or the whirlpool site.

Cheers,
    Dave

Most hosts would more than likely just be reselling the SSL certs from the actual providers and hence may be more expensive than getting it from them yourselves. Plus, if you’re looking for trust, getting one from some random host may not be such a good idea.

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up

“Random host”: I think if you don’t trust your host you have other problems you should deal with before sourcing the SSL certificate.

Do your research on your host. Any that I recommend to clients don’t charge extra for SSL than sourcing yourself, and setup by them is fast and easy.

Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up
    vilson, post: 124535 wrote:
    Hello Friends,

I am looking for SSL certificate and wants to know, any cheapest?

Thanks,
    vilson

Hi vilson,

We offer SSL certificates which include free setup. If you have hosting elsewhere, we’ll install the SSL certificate for you. One important thing to note is that you’ll require a dedicated IP on your hosting account. This is a question to ask your web host. :)

Regards,

Shaun

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 124594 wrote:
    “Random host”: I think if you don’t trust your host you have other problems you should deal with before sourcing the SSL certificate.

Do your research on your host. Any that I recommend to clients don’t charge extra for SSL than sourcing yourself, and setup by them is fast and easy.

I’m not talking about trusting the host yourself, I’m talking about your sites customers having trust in the cert. Verified by “some random host” doesn’t hold as much weight as verified by “Thawte/Verisign” etc..

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 124641 wrote:
    I’m not talking about trusting the host yourself, I’m talking about your sites customers having trust in the cert. Verified by “some random host” doesn’t hold as much weight as verified by “Thawte/Verisign” etc..
    Just because your host installs the certificate doesn’t mean it comes from them. That’s ludicrous, I’ve never even heard of that, sorry??

(and hence why I didn’t understand your post)

SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 124661 wrote:
    Just because your host installs the certificate doesn’t mean it comes from them. That’s ludicrous, I’ve never even heard of that, sorry??

I think you’ve been overly sensitive without really thinking about what Condor was saying. He was saying the host may not be selling top tier provider certs (generally they do this to make the most margin – sell a cheaper, no name cert at the same price of a med range cert).

I think trustico sells some of the cheapest top tier certs around. $29 a year for rapid SSL which is well known; although that’s single domain, and only 10K liability.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 124661 wrote:

When did I say the host installing the cert was a problem!? I said that hosts that re-sell them may present a trust issue with the sites customers, although this would only present the issue if the host “white-labelled” the certs.

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up
    SmartBizBlog, post: 124668 wrote:
    I think you’ve been overly sensitive without really thinking about what Condor was saying. He was saying the host may not be selling top tier provider certs (generally they do this to make the most margin – sell a cheaper, no name cert at the same price of a med range cert).
    I don’t think I was being sensitive, I just didn’t understand what he meant. I haven’t come across a host that did that, hence didn’t know it existed. That’s all, relax.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.