Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Cheapest and most effective marketing

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #979544
    Tothepoint
    Member
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    0
    ::

    Im starting my first business in Sydney and need some help with getting out there. I am in the process of getting logos and graphics on my work van, getting on google businesses, flyers ordered and tomorrow I shall try and get into the yellow and white pages. I feel like these are all of the normal basic things that people do but i want something new and different. I am starting a pressure washing business. thanks for your help

    #1115061
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi,

    Could you give us a little more information about your business?

    Cheers,

    Matt

    #1115062
    Snakeman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 329
    Up
    0
    ::

    OK, I have NO expertise in your kind of business.
    However I suggest you are doing the right thing.
    Most businesses get clients from a range of sources, so you need to tap all of the possible ones.
    If you get busy enough, you may be able to stop advertising, but this may mean competitors will take your potential clients, so the former is unlikely.
    Also existing clients and word of mouth are perhaps the best forms of growing a business.
    In our case, about 80-90 per cent of ours custom is repeat business or clients from clients.
    All the best

    #1115063
    Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    0
    ::
    Snakeman, post: 129111 wrote:
    OK, I have NO expertise in your kind of business.

    Then how can you suggest this:

    However I suggest you are doing the right thing.

    Sorry, but I’m with Matt, we need to know a little more about the business, and a lot more about the target market, before we could begin to say whether your money & time is being spent in the right areas.

    #1115064
    Divert To Mobile
    Member
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Tothepoint,

    You say pressure washing and I assume its the kind where you clean concrete, bricks etc

    You need to put a lot of thought into who your market is and how your going to reach them.
    For example – who wants to have a sparkling new looking clean property and how are you going to get their attention.
    It could be people trying to sell that property, in which case you could send package information to real estate agents or advertise in a real estate journal.
    Real estate agents earn a commission on the sale of a property, if it looks better it will probably sell higher if it sells higher they make more. Let them sell the idea to the owner.
    However, if your pressure washing truck engines the same principle applies but different target.
    This is just the tip of the iceberg, you should contact your local BEC and let them help you.
    Or of course use some of the local resources here in the forum, there are marketing specialists ready to sling shot you to your customers.

    Best of luck,

    Steve

    #1115065
    Snakeman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 329
    Up
    0
    ::

    Apologies to all if I came across the wrong way with advice.
    I was trying to suggest try everything you can think of (if possible) and you should in theory find out what works and works best.
    I was trying to suggest don’t exclude anything without good reason.
    The advice to seek expert help is good, but the question becomes whether or not the cost justifies the reward.
    I can’t help in that regard.
    And as for many aspects of many businesses, there may be some “trial and error” in terms of finding the best means of marketing.
    All the best

    #1115066
    Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up
    0
    ::

    According to me there is no Particular Rule for Marketing, It is also Depend on Nature of Business, But You can Try:

    Google Adwords with minimum Budget at $ 5 or 10/Day.
    SEO
    Brochure Printing
    Social Media Marketing Etc.

    Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    #1115067
    Tothepoint
    Member
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    0
    ::

    Thanks for the replies. My business will be pressure washing, aimed at private housing. The people will be mid to upper class in the north and south of the city, where most people have money to spend and own there own homes. I will be doing footpath and driveways to start with, keeping it simple but will also be breaking into other areas such as graffiti removal. Im aiming at private because it will get me more income. Im keeping the service cheap and going on figures on lower cost higher traffic. I have managed to gather up 500 estate agents in sydney and will be sending them emails each week through a service to see if i can get my foot inthe door. I looked at radio and newspaper service but this was a mad price.

    There is soo many single men businesses out there I just need some info on how most got going, ie searching for business not just say a shop where people walk in.

    #1115068
    tonyk
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up
    0
    ::
    Tothepoint, post: 129124 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies. My business will be pressure washing, aimed at private housing. The people will be mid to upper class in the north and south of the city, where most people have money to spend and own there own homes. I will be doing footpath and driveways to start with, keeping it simple but will also be breaking into other areas such as graffiti removal. Im aiming at private because it will get me more income. Im keeping the service cheap and going on figures on lower cost higher traffic. I have managed to gather up 500 estate agents in sydney and will be sending them emails each week through a service to see if i can get my foot inthe door. I looked at radio and newspaper service but this was a mad price.

    There is soo many single men businesses out there I just need some info on how most got going, ie searching for business not just say a shop where people walk in.

    If I were you I would invest in a website. You can get a good quality one for a reasonable price. Mine cost less than $500.

    #1115069
    Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    0
    ::
    Tothepoint, post: 129124 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies. My business will be pressure washing, aimed at private housing. The people will be mid to upper class in the north and south of the city, where most people have money to spend and own there own homes. I will be doing footpath and driveways to start with, keeping it simple but will also be breaking into other areas such as graffiti removal. Im aiming at private because it will get me more income. Im keeping the service cheap and going on figures on lower cost higher traffic. I have managed to gather up 500 estate agents in sydney and will be sending them emails each week through a service to see if i can get my foot inthe door. I looked at radio and newspaper service but this was a mad price.
    I think approaching real estate agents is a good move. I would get some stylish looking brochures or similar done, so it’s something that caches the eye of an agent, they’re all about looks. If you drop into a good printer they should have a wide selection of brochure types and ideas that you can consider.

    I might also think about something as simple as a letter box run with those brochures, though do some research on what’s worked best for people. A bit of time on Google may help, also might be worth speaking with Auspost marketing, and their post box marketing services. They may have info to help you.

    #1115070
    Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    0
    ::
    Snakeman, post: 129118 wrote:
    Apologies to all if I came across the wrong way with advice.
    I was trying to suggest try everything you can think of (if possible) and you should in theory find out what works and works best.
    I was trying to suggest don’t exclude anything without good reason.
    The scatter gun approach. Don’t agree at all. You run the risk of a huge waste of time & money, when with a little research on forums like this, Google and a variety of marketing/PR services providers (ie. Auspost, local printers …etc) you can get some idea of what may be working for others, to narrow down your options.

    Every business should have a business plan, and a marketing plan. And within those plans you should have a very clear picture of who your target market is, and what are the best channels by which to reach them. If you don’t, you business will have a much higher likelihood of failure. Fact.

    (And no one’s target market is “everyone”. Any business that believes that is almost guaranteed to fail).

    #1115071
    bluepenguin
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    0
    ::
    Tothepoint, post: 129124 wrote:
    I have managed to gather up 500 estate agents in sydney and will be sending them emails each week through a service to see if i can get my foot inthe door.

    If you you want new customers, don’t spam them.

    #1115072
    The Copy Chick
    Member
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    0
    ::

    The title of this thread is “cheapest and most effective marketing”… not sure Yellow Pages fits into either of those categories – especially if you’re considering the printed version.

    If you’re considering adding graffiti removal as part of your service, it might also be worth contacting the local councils and chamber of commerce. You could get some ongoing contract work for public buildings and businesses.

    A website with content optimised for your services would also help customers find you.

    All the best.

    #1115073
    dannyp
    Member
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    0
    ::

    There are many ways you can go about this, as you said your target is mid to high income earners from the north shore I think you said.

    The service is basically cleaning their driveways.

    So take it straight to them…

    pick yourself up a residential listing database, filter the post codes you want, create your flyer / letter (personally I would opt for a leading letter so they read it as opposed to a flyer that when they see it they will know its advertising). Hand write the address on the envelope and attach a regular stamp.

    Mr G. Alpha
    13 First Street etc etc

    Don’t do it through a mail house. The reasons are as follows.

    The handwritten address and regular stamp will make sure it gets opened making the receiver believe it is an actual letter as well as getting through all the people that put up the no junk mail signs.

    Hand writing the address will also limit the amount you can send out at any one time, this is an advantage as you are a sole trader the last thing you want to do is mass market then like 500 calls the next day trying to fit each person in.

    It also gives you the ability to scale down your marketing to just streets at a time and personalise your marketing material to suit. i.e We are running a special for the next week for residents in Third Street etc

    You could also offer a free demo? go to their driveway and put a square right in the middle of it while they watch, they will then pay you to finish it off because of the clean square now makes their driveway look dirtier then they thought it was.

    A website as well I believe is a must in this day of age and run some ppc ad’s

    I could ramble on all day with different ideas.

    Hope this helps.

    #1115074
    Tothepoint
    Member
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    0
    ::

    Thanks all for the ideas, im getting a great insight.

    This morning I got a call from shopadocket, they said they had found me on the internet and would offer me the chance to get on the back of their receipts in my area or any other area that was free. They offered me two stores in north sydney for 29.99pw and I would be the only service printed on back of receipts for these two stores. It lasts 12months. What is your thoughts on this? I also need to confirm this is fully legit but I done some research and it seems fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.