Home – New Forums Tech talk Cheapest .au domain hosting?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Cjay
    • Total posts: 183
    Up
    ::

So whats the cheapest .au domain hosting going around right now? I’m looking at picking up a couple of .com.au’s for some projects the business will be expanding into the future and would like to take the domains while their available. As such I’m not really looking for much in the way of features…

Anything cheaper than crazydomains?

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

I don’t know how they compare but I use cheapdomains.com.au. Their changeover for redelegation is quick and I, and several of my clients, all have domains with them.

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up

So whats the cheapest .au domain hosting going around right now?

I’m looking at picking up a couple of .com.au’s for some projects the business will be expanding into the future and would like to take the domains while their available

Are you looking for cheaper hosting or cheaper domain names?

kathiemt
    Up
    Blue Jet, post: 124298 wrote:
    Are you looking for cheaper hosting or cheaper domain names?

Good pick up. I assumed domain name registrations but they might have been looking for hosting.

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up

I assumed domain name registrations but they might have been looking for hosting.

The title says hosting and the msg itself says domain names. Just thought to point that out as that is completely two different things. Either way crazy domains is very cheap indeed, if you like something cheaper search for “zip hosting”.

All the best

Cjay
    Up

Re: Cheapest .au domains?

Sorry about that! Wasn’t very clear. You get so wound up in your industries terms, you neglect others without noticing. ;)

Yes I was talking about domains, not hosting. It does seem that CrazyDomains seem to be the way to go. Unfortunately some of the domains I need have been squatted on. :/ Will have to make do.

Thanks for the assistance everyone!

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

The domain registrar that you select won’t have any bearing over domains being squatted on…?

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

I’d suggest you reconsider the decision to use Crazy Domains. Although their base price is cheaper than some others, they don’t include any DNS hosting, which is included by others as standard and is required if you need to configure things a little out of the ordinary (like using Google Apps for your email for instance).

I’ve switched from Crazy Domains to VentraIP and couldn’t be happier. The control panel and customer support are leaps and bounds better than Crazy Domains.

Cheers,
    John

Cjay
    Up
    onsiteTECHS, post: 124348 wrote:
    I’d suggest you reconsider the decision to use Crazy Domains. Although their base price is cheaper than some others, they don’t include any DNS hosting, which is included by others as standard and is required if you need to configure things a little out of the ordinary (like using Google Apps for your email for instance).

I’ve switched from Crazy Domains to VentraIP and couldn’t be happier. The control panel and customer support are leaps and bounds better than Crazy Domains.

Cheers,
    John

I completely forgot that VentraIP do domains! I’ve got hosting with them and agree, the cp and cs are great. Will be using them, thanks!

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

i think http://www.aussiehq.com.au/ is the cheapest in market..

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up

Re: Cheapest .au domains?

Cjay, post: 124329 wrote:
    Sorry about that! Wasn’t very clear. You get so wound up in your industries terms, you neglect others without noticing. ;)

Yes I was talking about domains, not hosting. It does seem that CrazyDomains seem to be the way to go. Unfortunately some of the domains I need have been squatted on. :/ Will have to make do.

Thanks for the assistance everyone!

Hi Cjay,

We have .com.au domains at $18.95/2 years and we do include free DNS Hosting, URL Forwarding and Email Forwarding on all .au domains.

Regards,

Shaun

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

I suggest you use either Netregistry or Digital Pacific.

kathiemt
    JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

You guys are arguing over $20 per year for hosting?

Does that mean you value your own time at $0.01 per hour?

Is this the biggest problem you have in developing your company?
    Regs,
    JohnW

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    JohnW, post: 131969 wrote:
    Is this the biggest problem you have in developing your company?
    Regs,
    JohnW

The amount of time we see people wasting looking for a few dollars cheaper solutions for domain, hosting and email is astounding. If they applied that time to planning and driving the business it may help make them successful. It is like those people who drive around looking for the cheapest petrol ignoring the fact that they are wasting petrol and time in the process.

If you value your business and want to be successful then also value your time and efforts.

John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.