Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Chess with a twist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chesslife
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

We run a chess coaching business – Chesslife and teach this wonderful game at schools, libraries, online and one on one.

Based in Adelaide, South Australia we have been able to create a team of coaches out of what initially started as a very passionate hobby.

We are rapidly learning about marketing, maintaining a website, reaching out to customers, organising tournaments and showing everyone how much fun chess can be.

I consider the game of chess to have many educational benefits for children. Chess is so much more than a game. It helps develop creative, strategic, and forward thinking. It is also a great tool to increase mathematical skills and develop their concentration. One of my main objectives is to keep chess accessible to all students, regardless of age or social demographic. I hope to increase the awareness and popularity of chess in the state and ultimately create a higher level of chess in South Australia.

I look forward to working together with you all and finding information on the Flying Solo website.

Kind Regards

David Koetsier

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi David,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

Thanks so much for taking the time to introduce yourself. I think the time could be right for chess to have a new wave of popularity. In fact that reminds me, my son is 3 years old now and I think it’s time he learnt to play…

Best of luck and I hope to see you around. :)

Dave

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hi david,

welcome, great concept.

Bert

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.