Home – New Forums Starting your journey Children clothing.. Getting them made in Australia or Overseas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    japples
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

hi,

Im in the process of designing my own boys clothing range Sizes 1-7 (T-shirts, jeans, chinos, jumpers and trackies) and i am currently looking for some advice on manufacturing in Australia or overseas.

whats the main difference and what is better?
    Is the cost very different?
    Is quality different?

I would love to keep the brand in Australia as i believe that is a great selling point but I am still open to overseas if i could find the right manufacturer over there.

what successes have people had? or failures.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    jess

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you Jess!

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some on-point advice.

Cheers

Rohan@TD
    • Total posts: 164
    Up

Hi Jess,

All the factors you have listed are different supplier by supplier and ultimately dependent on the quality of the screening process you utilise. There are wide ranging suppliers in the industry, which need to be extensively screened to ensure your product is right for your market. It’s not unheard of for people to fly overseas and visit suppliers to ensure their product is right. Manufacturing is also certainly an easier process to undertake when you and your supplier both speak the same language, however that’s less of an issue with major overseas suppliers.

Upfront there are obvious barriers to having stock manufactured offshore and getting your supply chain running smoothly is essential – Consistency and lead times are two critical considerations. Equally, dependent on the quantities you are trying to source, it may be more difficult to get a supplier here in Australia in low volume (at a reasonable cost).

Another key consideration for selecting your supplier is branding. Obviously ‘Australian made’ is well received by the market, often considered ‘higher quality’ and regarded as produced by workers with higher workplace conditions. Consider what your target market wants from its clothes and your own values to help guide your decision.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.