Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Choice of service and platform

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Zemljatposer
    Participant
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

I have been using my own physical servers for work tasks. Now I need additional resources, but I am having difficulty choosing a service and platform. Can you help?

Christopher_
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Working in the public cloud opens up great opportunities for flexible application development and delivery. Since companies and professionals are interested in deploying code and functions as soon as possible, the transition to the public cloud is one of the most important stages of digital transformation.

Archi_
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I want to recommend you to use servers based on cloud storage. Well, that is, to find a reliable company that provides the best services in this area. Thanks to such technologies, your information will always be protected.

Nelson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

We use both Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud, based on our own experience we find Google to have better documentation but Microsoft has good community support.

We use Microsoft Azure for traditional services like SQL servers and Virtual Machines as they’re easier to integrate into our daily work routine. PCs running windows can easily access these resources with GUI tools available (Excel, Remote Desktop, etc)

Google on the other hand is used to run our web applications, we don’t know why but we find our apps to be faster hosted on Google. We haven’t tried using their databases or VMs, so can’t comment on that.

Cost wise, we find them similar but we did make the mistake once by selecting a higher tier for our database for more resources (‘one day we might need it’) but didn’t utilise it properly, ended up paying a fortune. Moral of the story is, select the tier you need, you can always upgrade later.

Didn’t find the same issue with Google, they seem to be ‘Pay-as-you-use’ and they ramp up resources when needed and bring them down during quieter times. Probably not a good comparison as the services we use are different with different pricing models.

That’s our experience with the two companies, hope you find it useful.

Connect with me on Linkedin or visit my Website
    Marcus98
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

That’s our experience with the two companies, hope you find it useful.

winchweb
    Participant
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

You might want to take a look at Vultr or Linode which offer a raft of ‘servers’ all provisioned and managed in the cloud. You can start off small & low-cost and ramp up resources as needed. Depending on what you go for, you may need to move your ‘stuff’ from one server to a newer/better-resourced one, or you may be able to simply upgrade & downgrade as required. Both Vultr and Linode are good services, you can choose a country/data-centre near you for better response times etc. And they make it very easy to provision exactly what you need.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.