Home – New Forums Tech talk ChromeBook

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Just stumbled across the Google ChromeBook for $199. What is everyones thoughts on this. Is it a step above a tablet, or is it missing something important. With Google Docs etc. I think most documents and applications can be dealt with online?

Thoughts?

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    ::

I think the concept is brilliant … limited for a power user, but for $199 it’s not a major outlay if it does what you need it to.

For mine, having a real keyboard gives it the edge over a tablet.

Lots of users don’t need a lot, and certainly don’t want to maintain a full OS, so it fits nicely to a large group of people.

As a second, or “mobile” device, I reckon it would be fine. I find a huge percentage of what I do daily is online and increasing … I love my MacBook Air … best computer I’ve owned by far (and not because of the OS), but I could throw away six Chromebooks before I touched the replacement value on it, I’d think about it next time I’m looking for one.

Being on a Linux system it’ll be inherently pretty secure, add a bit of Google know how and it should be close to bullet proof.

Would like to hear comments from someone whose used one a bit, to see if my argument stacks up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.