Home – New Forums Money matters Cleaning quote!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matija2607
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    I’m in need of help quoting a cleaning contract. i have estimated the hours to get the job done.
    i wanted to charge $60 ph per cleaner monday – friday to
    Cover my costs and cost of labour. And then saturdays $80 p/h per cleaner and Sundays $100 p/h per cleaner. Is this unrealistic?

Thanks

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Matija2607, post: 271343, member: 119577 wrote:
    Hi all,
    I’m in need of help quoting a cleaning contract. i have estimated the hours to get the job done.
    i wanted to charge $60 ph per cleaner monday – friday to
    Cover my costs and cost of labour. And then saturdays $80 p/h per cleaner and Sundays $100 p/h per cleaner. Is this unrealistic?

Thanks

My question is would you pay that if you were hiring a cleaner?

Seems a bit high for our area, but if you were in Toorak it may be reasonable.
    The best way to find out if it is realistic, contact other cleaners in your area and see what they charge hourly,

Matija2607
    Up
    bb1, post: 271345, member: 53375 wrote:
    My question is would you pay that if you were hiring a cleaner?

Seems a bit high for our area, but if you were in Toorak it may be reasonable.
    The best way to find out if it is realistic, contact other cleaners in your area and see what they charge hourly,
    Well I have a property services business and work with body corps. I have just gotten my foot in the door and am grasping my head around what to charge, And what Profit I will have

Matija2607
    Up
    Matija2607, post: 271347, member: 119577 wrote:
    Well I have a property services business and work with body corps. I have just gotten my foot in the door and am grasping my head around what to charge, And what Profit I will have
    And yes, it is a hotel apartments in south yarra
    MattDell
    • Total posts: 52
    Up

I guess every new business should do a Business plan and feasibility study on their venture. Including:

• Working guesses on what your costs will be – including insurance and labour (I wouldn’t think simple cleaning labour would be anything like $60/hr)
    • What your volume of customers/contracts will be
    • How much you can charge at start-up (intro discount) and later on

As Bert said – ring around for quotes and understand ot only the cot per hour but the other conditions that your competitors will apply. For example they might be $50/hr but with a 3 hour minimum per job or require you to use 10+ hours per month
    Meet the market in most ways and beat the market in one – make sure that then has a viable/lucrative business model – you will have a successful business :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.