Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Cleaning webpage Reviews please, Don’t hold back ! The more pain the more again

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    econ-01
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Need some help please!

I have been playing around with making my own webpage for my commercial cleaning company, and this is what i have come up with. http://www.econcleaning.com.au i feel like something is missing ?

Still have some little things here and there to touch up but please review or just tell me to give up and pay a company 😮

thanks everyone.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

My main comment is that a cleaning business is a personal business, people have to feel comfortable with letting you into there business or home, often when they are not home. They need to know you, feel comfortable with you, to let you through their front door.

i look at your website and I dont see anything of that nature, you are anonymous, unseen, no name, only contactable throu a PO box or a 1300 number (nothing wrong with 1300). But you need to personalise it, give me a name, an address, or a something that makes me beoieve that you are offering me a personal service so that i will let you through my front door. Sure I guess you will come out and give me a quote and I will meet you then, but my first contact with you is through an anonymous website. If I had the choice between you and the guy/gal on the next website, who has a name and something more, I know who will get the oportunity to quote.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there econ-01,

You are very brave to request a site review after just a few days in the forum – good on you :)

To get the best from your review, please read through the guidelines at the top of this page, and if you can flesh your post out with additional answers to these questions, that would also be a good idea:

Quote:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

For my two cents worth, I agree with Bert (bb1), and would also add that when I arrive at your page, most of the screen is empty white space. I think your white banner should be reduced in size quite substantially so that the other content is immediately visible when a visitor arrives.

I hope that helps, and will look forward to feedback from others,
    Jayne

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi,

It’s does look like you made it yourself, which reflects a little on your business.

Basiclly you need to decrease the size of a few things. You logo and the banner is much too large. It’s look like a giant mess when I land on it.

http://aaacleaningservices.com.au/ – here is a not bad cleaning website.

PrestigeBacklinks.com
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    econ-01, post: 206806 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Need some help please!

I have been playing around with making my own webpage for my commercial cleaning company, and this is what i have come up with. http://www.econcleaning.com.au i feel like something is missing ?

Still have some little things here and there to touch up but please review or just tell me to give up and pay a company 😮

thanks everyone.

Firstly congrats on what you’ve managed to set-up so far. You have most of the essential elements of a website – it just needs some cosmetic fine-tuning.

I would reduce the size of the image banner by 50% and then move everything up so that the existing white space at the top of the page is eliminated. The 3 categories of cleaning would then be visible within the initial view of the home page and the overall balance of the page would improve.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Econ-01,
    You’ve done well to get this far… Some suggestions to help you assess your website.

1. Above-the-fold site-wide information

“Above the fold” is what the visitor can see in their monitor or screen without needing to scroll down the page.

This changes with the devices and settings of the users. What the previous 3 folk are referring to is the fact that your design wastes so much space that every visitor must scroll unnecessarily to see crucial info. (BTW, they won’t.)

Try running your site through this tool which emulates how a page will display in many screen sizes: http://quirktools.com/screenfly/

You must display these essential information elements above the fold on every page:

• Who you are
    • Your logo
    • What you do
    • Your by-line (if any)
    • Who you service
    • Where you service
    • For services – your phone number (tappable)
    • Site navigation

You only show three of these essentials above the fold on my desk monitor. You don’t display many of them at all.

2. Define your customers and what they want
    Your services pages are a starting place for defining some of your target customers however you have omitted one of the most important information elements your targets will want – where do you provide your services?

At present the only folk who may find your site are people who search for cleaning services in Booragoon.

Do you want to target businesses in Fremantle or Perth? If so, you need to provide this essential info on every page of your site. At present neither word is used on any page.

You may want to think some more about the information that your target customers will want. It seems a bit thin to me.

3. Info must be easy to read
    Your grey body text font is too hard to read and the light green subhead font will be very poor in many situations.

It was proven decades ago that if text quality was hard to read that people:

• Got tired faster
    • Stopped reading it sooner
    • Did not understand it well
    • Did not remember it as long

Have you tried reading your pages on a Smartphone in bright sunlight?

4. Why do you have a blog?
    I see a link to a blog. What will be its purpose?

Regs,
    JohnW

econ-01
    Up
    bb1, post: 206818 wrote:
    My main comment is that a cleaning business is a personal business, people have to feel comfortable with letting you into there business or home, often when they are not home. They need to know you, feel comfortable with you, to let you through their front door.

i look at your website and I dont see anything of that nature, you are anonymous, unseen, no name, only contactable throu a PO box or a 1300 number (nothing wrong with 1300). But you need to personalise it, give me a name, an address, or a something that makes me beoieve that you are offering me a personal service so that i will let you through my front door. Sure I guess you will come out and give me a quote and I will meet you then, but my first contact with you is through an anonymous website. If I had the choice between you and the guy/gal on the next website, who has a name and something more, I know who will get the oportunity to quote.

bb1,

Thank you for your feedback.:)

I understand it looks a little cold but im trying to market to commercial companies only and not residential.

That is why there is no face behind the webpage, Also i am young and people tend to overlook companies with young directors, in saying that it would be nice to have more personalized photos e.g. of me and staff on-site doing jobs.

Maybe that would help personalize it a bit more, do you think ?.

econ-01
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 206832 wrote:
    Hi,

It’s does look like you made it yourself, which reflects a little on your business.

Basiclly you need to decrease the size of a few things. You logo and the banner is much too large. It’s look like a giant mess when I land on it.

http://aaacleaningservices.com.au/ – here is a not bad cleaning website.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the positive feedback, i was really concerned that the webpage looked unprofessional. :D

And your right about the logo, will change it to a smaller size and thank you for the link, it sure does help but im sad to see another company using the same stock photos as me.:eek:

econ-01
    Up
    JohnW, post: 206911 wrote:
    Hi Econ-01,
    You’ve done well to get this far… Some suggestions to help you assess your website.

1. Above-the-fold site-wide information

“Above the fold” is what the visitor can see in their monitor or screen without needing to scroll down the page.

This changes with the devices and settings of the users. What the previous 3 folk are referring to is the fact that your design wastes so much space that every visitor must scroll unnecessarily to see crucial info. (BTW, they won’t.)

Try running your site through this tool which emulates how a page will display in many screen sizes: http://quirktools.com/screenfly/

You must display these essential information elements above the fold on every page:

• Who you are
    • Your logo
    • What you do
    • Your by-line (if any)
    • Who you service
    • Where you service
    • For services – your phone number (tappable)
    • Site navigation

You only show three of these essentials above the fold on my desk monitor. You don’t display many of them at all.

2. Define your customers and what they want
    Your services pages are a starting place for defining some of your target customers however you have omitted one of the most important information elements your targets will want – where do you provide your services?

At present the only folk who may find your site are people who search for cleaning services in Booragoon.

Do you want to target businesses in Fremantle or Perth? If so, you need to provide this essential info on every page of your site. At present neither word is used on any page.

You may want to think some more about the information that your target customers will want. It seems a bit thin to me.

3. Info must be easy to read
    Your grey body text font is too hard to read and the light green subhead font will be very poor in many situations.

It was proven decades ago that if text quality was hard to read that people:

• Got tired faster
    • Stopped reading it sooner
    • Did not understand it well
    • Did not remember it as long

Have you tried reading your pages on a Smartphone in bright sunlight?

4. Why do you have a blog?
    I see a link to a blog. What will be its purpose?

Regs,
    JohnW

Dear John,

Thank you so much !!!!

This is the kind of feedback that really helps , thank you for the mountains of knowledge and information you have given me alot to think about and fix.

I will get on to this right away and upload a link when i think i have change some of the things that need changing.:D

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    econ-01, post: 206912 wrote:
    bb1,

Thank you for your feedback.:)

I understand it looks a little cold but im trying to market to commercial companies only and not residential.

That is why there is no face behind the webpage, Also i am young and people tend to overlook companies with young directors, in saying that it would be nice to have more personalized photos e.g. of me and staff on-site doing jobs.

Maybe that would help personalize it a bit more, do you think ?.

Commercial or home, I am inviting you into my property generally out of hours when no one is there, same difference. I know a cleaning business who when they added the personal touch their home and commercial enquiry rate increased.

Dont assume that commercial people aren’t real people with the same concerns as a home owner. At the end of the day they think of the same things , oh thats right they are the same people.

econ-01
    Up
    bb1, post: 206916 wrote:
    Commercial or home, I am inviting you into my property generally out of hours when no one is there, same difference. I know a cleaning business who when they added the personal touch their home and commercial enquiry rate increased.

Dont assume that commercial people aren’t real people with the same concerns as a home owner. At the end of the day they think of the same things , oh thats right they are the same people.

Hi BB1

Your right people are people at the end of the day commercial or Residential,
    we do business with the people we like not the companies.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    econ-01, post: 206914 wrote:
    Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the positive feedback, i was really concerned that the webpage looked unprofessional. :D

And your right about the logo, will change it to a smaller size and thank you for the link, it sure does help but im sad to see another company using the same stock photos as me.:eek:Hi, I didn’t mean to imply that I didn’t look professional, just that it was done by someone who doesn’t do websites a lot.

:) personally I think all startups should do their own website to star because then they understand how much work actually goes into it!

John W is right, there is a lot more to a site than simple putting some files on a server.

Best of luck

Berrigan Motel
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

My quick stroll through your site was a bit frustrating. I own a motel, I employ cleaning staff, I thought I would assess the content of your hotel services page to see whether you say the right things to get that kind of work. But the link went to a page that listed other services, not hotel cleaning.

While I’m definitely not looking to outsource our cleaning service, if I was, you would’ve lost a potential customer.

Same thing happened when I clicked hospital cleaning – I just got another page that referenced cleaning services you provide but no mention of hospital cleaning there. So for me, the potential customer, your website is not actually answering any questions.

Marek
    Up

I like your logo, that’s nice and I like that you have a lot of content but the website is a bit messy and it doesn’t seem to stand out with anything from the competition. I bet you have something good in your sleeve and you should advertise that. Use AIDA principle, that’s the simplest when building good selling website yourself, that means at the top of the page you should capture Attention of your sites visitor, then build Interest in your service, now provide the information the potential clients need to develop Desire and bottom of the page you want your page visitor to take Action, so you’ll need some kind of a order or contact button.

There is a lot, really lot of information of building a good selling site in the web and if you like to try it yourself then of course give it a go!
    Cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.