Home – New Forums Money matters Client wants to pay via credit card

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KenIto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone.
    I recently got a new client, and he mentions that he can only pay via credit card. I am just starting out and not sure where to start looking to setup credit card payments. I have been only accepting bank transfers up until now

(Or am I looking at a scam here)

Thank you in advance for the advice.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Credit card scams are not unknown but if you can perform some due diligence on the client you can satisfy your self one way or another, at least to a point where you have more confidence than you have now.

Setting up an account with PayPal or a competitor is probably the quickest and easiest way to receive credit card payments but it is pricey.

Cheers
    ~Paul

KenIto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Thanks Paul. I ended up turning down the client. It was too much risk and smells a bit fishy.

He wanted me to pay me extra via credit and get me to bank transfer to these other suppliers.. sigh

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Sorry to hear what looked like an opportunity slip away but very happy to hear that it sounds like you dodged a bullet.

~Paul

WandaOrta
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hello,

As a small business owner who’s been mainly accepting bank transfers, it’s understandable that you may be unsure about setting up credit card payments. It’s not necessarily a scam, as credit card payments are a common method used by many clients.

To start accepting credit card payments, you can look into popular payment processing services such as Stripe, Square, or PayPal. These platforms allow you to accept credit card payments from your clients securely and efficiently, often with minimal setup fees and competitive transaction fees.

Before you decide on a payment processor, research each provider’s fees, features, and any user reviews to determine which one best suits your business needs. Once you have chosen a provider, you can follow their setup process, which usually involves creating an account, connecting it to your bank account, and integrating their payment gateway into your invoicing system or website.

As a precaution, always remain vigilant for signs of potential scams, such as requests for immediate payment or sensitive personal information. Be sure to verify your client’s identity and communicate professionally to ensure a secure and successful transaction.

Good luck with your new client, and I hope this advice helps you expand your payment options and grow your business!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.