Home – New Forums Starting your journey Co Working Office Space

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bryce Less
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hey there,

I just opened a co-working office space in Chippendale, Sydney. I wanted to bring a whole bunch of like minded people together in the hope they will be inspired by each others success and share knowledge of their industries all while keeping costs down without the quality of the premises.
    Has anyone here worked out of one before, have you any tips on what else we should be providing here that would make the premises more accommodating to small business?

http://www.auracreative.com.au

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Bryce,

That looks like a very funky space you’ve got there!

I hope you find lots of fantastic people to fill it up, and that you enjoy running the business side of things too.

Thanks for joining the forum today – we’re looking forward to getting to know you.

Jayne

Natalie Khoo
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

Hello Bryce, congrats on setting up the space. I’ve worked in various co-share spaces and my input would be nurturing the social vibe as much as possible, while giving people the ability to separate themselves if they’re really busy i.e. a quiet corner or nook, separate meeting room, or ensuring the chatter is confined to areas like the water cooler or dining table. Popping beers in the fridge on Fridays also goes a long way fostering rapport and a relaxed environment. I also found that similar age groups and businesses of the same maturity and industry were good together. It sounds a bit awful but you don’t really want to have start ups hassling more established businesses for advice on an ongoing basis unless you know that business is really generous with their time. Being receptive to feedback from your tenants is also very important – otherwise they’ll just look for somewhere else! Good luck!

NM Books
    • Total posts: 42
    Up

You have a fantastic looking space there! If only you were in Melbourne, I would definitely inquire.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.