Home – New Forums Find the help you need Coach Catalogue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DdM
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

I was wondering if there is any type of Coach Catalogue I could peruse?

I think I need a business coach, but I am looking for someone that can help me with a specific stumbling block. I’d like the chance to read a brief synopsis about their specialty, get a feel for their approach, find where they are located & if interested I go to their website.

I can’t find a catalogue for coaches though. Anyone know of one?

Thank you.

Hobidi Bob
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Have a look at Action Coach Australia and New Zealand

Cobalt
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Most business coaches use a similar methodology. Some are very specific about marketing your business whereas others (very common) focus on mindset, vision etc…

You might find it more beneficial to indicate what areas of business you need help with and let people pitch to you. If it’s systemisation, planning, administration or leadership skills I might be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Paul

DdM
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Specifically, I have been in ‘establishment’ phase for an excessive amount of time, for a number of reasons, but one of the key reasons would be due to fear. Can a coach even help me with this sort of thing?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    DdM, post: 210386 wrote:
    I was wondering if there is any type of Coach Catalogue I could peruse?

I think I need a business coach, but I am looking for someone that can help me with a specific stumbling block. I’d like the chance to read a brief synopsis about their specialty, get a feel for their approach, find where they are located & if interested I go to their website.

I can’t find a catalogue for coaches though. Anyone know of one?

Thank you.

Not sure if you will find one catalogue with all of them listed, like any other sector it just depends where they choose to advertise.

Not sure where you are located, but this mob have been good in the past “Small Business Mentoring Service” if you are in Victoria,

Just one thing I would suggest don’t just ensure they cover the sector or area you want, but also a very close look at their experience. Just because they have run business’s in 10 sectors over a 20 year period, its doesnt mean they are a good coach, in fact my question would be why have you swapped so many times. This is one area where just years and industry sectors don’t make you a succesful business coach.

To take the football analogy, it is often the B grade footballers who actually make the better coaches than the top line footballers. Coaching or mentoring is not about been the best at doing it, but often been able to impart the knowledge and understanding the knowledge to be delivered, Hope I have explained that ok.

Kelly Exeter FS Editor
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

Hey dDm all the Flying Solo members who are business coaches are listed here:

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/directory/Business-Consulting-Coaching/Business-coaching?in=Anywhere

So that might be a good place to start?

I think a good way to find the right one for you is to browse through their websites and read their blogs (if they have one). You want your business coach to have the same values as you and be someone who you have great rapport with. I find reading their blog posts quickly gives you sense of whether you will have that rapport or not x

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I like the idea of a coach catalogue – Ultimately you just need to pick a couple that you like the sound of, via their website, and then speak to them and see which one will suit your needs.

Most coaches and advisers will give you a free session, as a type of interview to see if you can work together and they will give you an idea of how they can help, what it is going to cost you and the time frame that you will work together. This is where you can then go with your gut feeling and as Kelly Exeter said, you feel a rapport with and decide that you want to work with them.

I understand it can be difficult to choose as there are many our there offering different things for different costs. The internet is a great place to start as just like any business you can look at their website and see if you like the look of what they have on display.

PeopleMomentum
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi there,

How did you go with your coach?

Jay
    [email protected]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.