Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Cold Call Letter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ric Willmot
    • Total posts: 141
    Up
    ::

Sometimes, for reasons many and varied, we may wish to contact people who do not know us but represent superb prospective customers. If your preferred approach to these people is by letter (or email) you need to be able to capture the attention of the true buyer.

Here’s my advice and example.

Rgds,
    Ric

Tinkie
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Thank you for this.

Ric Willmot, post: 6308 wrote:
    Sometimes, for reasons many and varied, we may wish to contact people who do not know us but represent superb prospective customers. If your preferred approach to these people is by letter (or email) you need to be able to capture the attention of the true buyer.

Rgds,
    Ric

Mr Q
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    Ric Willmot, post: 6308 wrote:

Rgds,
    Ric

G’Day Ric

Thanks for your post. I did take the time to click on your link and have a quick browse around your site. Once I found the article I assume you were wanting us to read, I do agree with most of what you said. I totally agree with you about researching your prospect. However, to be brutally honest, These days I really dont think sales letters are going to do the job. Business professionals need to be more creative and original. This is one thing I just dont get with sales professionals?? They do the same thing day in, day out and expect better results. Sure if you do it enough you will eventually get the results. Either that or a blood clot :)
    If I can take your research tip a step further and not only find out their name and address. How about what there favorite fruit is, what kind coffee do they drink, whether they are a scruncher or folder (ok maybe not that far) you get the point.

It is those who are willing to do what others wont that change the world…

coldcallingtips
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I hope that this post is not to late in helping you find answers, but here goes . . .

Send a letter only if you have hired a copywriter to run their creative flair through it. Most response rates are 1%.

Everyone cold calls. The top companies on the planet all use it and it often brings in much more success than advertising, (especially in the world of B2B sales).

Execs are busy people, so if you are cold calling a decision maker – keep it short and specific. Relate your product only to how it can help them solve the problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.