Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Cold Calling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    YBBroker
    • Total posts: 37
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

I’m interested in giving something like this a try but don’t have the time to make 1000+ calls to see if it would actually work. Is this something anyone has had any luck in outsourcing?

If so, can you recommend anyone and/or give advice as to who may be best to use?

Steve Fitzpatrick
    Managing Director
    Your Building Broker
    http://www.yourbuildingbroker.com.au

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

You can expect results in the 2-3% region. These guys email marketted me a while back, http://www.otpl.com.au/. I never actually used them/anyone for this, however its somewhere to start.

Maybe consider buying an email database and email marketting. Mailchimp + permissioncorp.

Goodluck

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up
    DavidThomas, post: 50964 wrote:
    You can expect results in the 2-3% region. These guys email marketted me a while back, http://www.otpl.com.au/. I never actually used them/anyone for this, however its somewhere to start.

Maybe consider buying an email database and email marketting. Mailchimp + permissioncorp.

Goodluck

I think the 2-3% range is a good guide but will vary a LOT depending on your industry, target list, whether it’s a sales call vs an appointment setting, whether it’s B2B or B2C etc. Appointment setting only, business to business sales, with a highly targeted list in a non-saturated industry you could get as high as 10%. On the other hand B2C telemarketers trying to close sales in something saturated like telecommunications could only dream of getting 2% – it would be a very unfulfilling job hence why most of that is now done offshore at low cost.

I have personally found doing a mailout and then follow up by phone works best – that way the person calling has something to talk about straight way, being the catalogue or whatever that was just sent. Just make sure you don’t mail out like 5000 catalogues in one go and then take 3 months to get through the calling, as people will have forgotten by then.

Re the Mailchimp comment, just wanted to point out that Mailchimp specifically prohibits the use of purchased/rented lists with it’s service. For B2C using purchased lists is actually against the law, and it’s bad practice for B2B as well in my humble opinion, although of course there are a number of other services besides Mailchimp that do allow it of course if you do want to go down that path.

Matt

marketingweb
    Up

Just to clarify David I’m not knocking your business by mentioning telecommunications as I think what you do looks fantastic. And you would know your success rate better than me.

I was more thinking in my comments of some at the more dodgey end of the industry who call consumers at home at night from India, which i’m sure you don’t do.
    Matt

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Matt,

I would love to see some links stating its illegal to market to clients via email? A far as I’m concerned as long as they have signed up confirming they wish to receive it. There are plenty of places that sell legitimate client lists for this exact purpose.

I’m not saying I believe email marketting is the best solution, however if the OP is considering telemarketting, email marketting is in the same category imho.

Edit: No Problem Matt, no offense taken, I agree, I would never consider telemarketting for my industry as it has been decimated by the cliche foreign call centre.

marketingweb
    Up
    DavidThomas, post: 50977 wrote:
    Matt,

I would love to see some links stating its illegal to market to clients via email? A far as I’m concerned as long as they have signed up confirming they wish to receive it. There are plenty of places that sell legitimate client lists for this exact purpose.

I’m not saying I believe email marketting is the best solution, however if the OP is considering telemarketting, email marketting is in the same category imho.

Apologies David, you are correct – in the situation you describe it is not illegal. It IS a gray area, but I probably made it sound black and white when it is not.

The laws regarding this within Australia are part of the Spam Act 2003, administered by the ACMA.

Presuming that automated unsubscribe functions and full contact information is provided (the easy bits), the other point is that of “consent”. This is where the gray area lies, as if a person has consented to join a particular list, does this consent follow on to anyone at all to send them an email message if they purchase this list. Generally this is yes it does if a provision for “messages from our marketing partners” is stipulated at signup, but I still think it’s not an easy question to answer and don’t believe it has been tested in Australia courts.

The one part that I am certain of is Mailchimp’s policies, although obviously they are only one possible choice of ESP.

APOLOGIES TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER FOR GETTING THIS OFF TOPIC.

Matt

YBBroker
    • Total posts: 37
    Up
    DavidThomas, post: 50964 wrote:

Goodluck

Thanks David, I’ll look into them.

call your clients
    • Total posts: 70
    Up
    YBBroker, post: 50931 wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I’m interested in giving something like this a try but don’t have the time to make 1000+ calls to see if it would actually work. Is this something anyone has had any luck in outsourcing?

If so, can you recommend anyone and/or give advice as to who may be best to use?

Steve Fitzpatrick
    Managing Director
    Your Building Broker

Hello Steve Fitzpatrick,

Is your question, does cold calling work to make appointments for you? If it is then the answer is absolutely YES. AND you don’t have to hire an Indian Call Centre either. We Aussies seem to take offence at them for some reason.
    But Steve that is what my company does. We make calls on behalf of companies, small business, soloists etc.

I left a company after 10½ yrs and received many calls from business coaches, marketing gurus, property investment company asking me if I would make calls on their behalf to set appointments, offer invitations to workshops etc. So one thing led to another and I had to put more staff on to help me out, source an office, get telephone lines, computers the lot.

I’ve only been doing it for about 5 months but we are really very busy and popular. And we are loving it.

In this time we’ve called for Business coaches, investment and property development company, an advertising magazine, web designer, owners of a very popular website and selling advertising banner space to retailers who would like to advertise on their site (that was great fun and were asked to stop after 10 hours of phoning because she had to upgrade her server to take on all the new traffic), computer tech company, landscaping company, Insurance company to make appointments for their reps etc.

so if you think we could be of service pls email me. We’re based in Brisbane but the beauty of telephoning is that it doesn’t matter where you’re based we can make calls anywhere you like – but probably not India. :o)

[email protected]
    We’re just having a new website being built but our old one is http://www.callyourclients.com

4N_Man
    • Total posts: 122
    Up
    YBBroker, post: 50931 wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Steve Fitzpatrick
    Managing Director
    Your Building Broker

Steve, the simple answer is adwords work. I suggest this

1. Contact 4-5 SEO people and discuss your requirements & ascertain their process and fees

2. Pick the one you feel most comfortable and confident in and call them. Let them know that before you commit to any contract you want them to get your business on page 1 of an organic Google search with your key words. Give them a time frame to do this eg a month. Tell them if they can do this you will sign with them for 6 or 12 months or whatever their pricing model works – you know this from your previous call with them.

Then you can be confident the $1000 month or whatever is worth it. Generally adwords will get you many more referrals than Yellow Pages, remember though, adwords will get the referrals but can’t close the sale, that’s up to you.

You can also consider other highly ranking sites like HotFrog etc or what I call ‘backdoor’ ways eg if you look at this UK business networking site

http://www.4networking.biz

it is very highly ranked in Google (top 500 UK & 20 000 in world) so if you are part of the network and active on the site you will rank highly, probably wouldn’t need adwords. I know this because I have ben talking to them comming to Sydney. You may have networks you are involved in, see what online aspects they have.

However, giving you are selling big ticket items it is probably still worth your while to do adwords as well.

Good luck mate,

Grant

marketingweb
    Up
    Econnectbpo, post: 0 wrote:
    Edit: Quote from spammer removed

If the above is an example of their level of English, I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole! Outsourcing to India may work for B2C businesses working with a scatter gun approach (ie don’t care how many they burn to get one), but for business to business sales or where you care about your reputation, I would say you would have to be crazy not to at least keep it all in Australia!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Matt,

We’ve banned that particular spammer, so I’ve edited the quote out of your post.

You make some very valid points though.

Love your work!
    Jayne

Smyth
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Lots of great ideas… I will contact Maria now. :-)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.