Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Cold messaging

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ThoughtMeter.com
    • Total posts: 41
    Up
    ::

Hi, just wondering what colleagues think & what the laws are around sending a 1 off email or facebook private message to a prospect whom I think would benefit from our solutions?

Thanks in advance

Todd

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Todd

An interesting question! And one that’s come up before in a number of ways. This past thread may be an interesting read for you.

Robert

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

It is like a job interview. if you are just sending out random messages (resumes) advertising your business I find that annoying and will generally bin them without reading, but if you show that you have done some homework and the ad looks targeted directly at me and you know something of my business I will usually take a look.
    It takes some work and time but it will often pay off to send a few targeted messages rather than a flood that no-one will read. Best for all advertising really.

This is of course not taking into account the legalities.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Read snd digest the SPAM act on the ACMA website.

But, to answer your question, and contrary to what some people think it can be considered SPAM if you send 1 or 10000 emails, if it doesnt fit the guidelines of legitimate emails in the SPAM act.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Todd

There are so many ways of getting in front of your ideal clients – I am curious as to why you are choosing this potential path?

ThoughtMeter.com
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 207861 wrote:
    Hi Todd

There are so many ways of getting in front of your ideal clients – I am curious as to why you are choosing this potential path?

Hi Kelly & thanks for your interest.

I haven’t decided this path yet, just considering various options. What I do want to do is keep this business a pure online play to help maximise my time & geographic reach. Therefore all communication will be online, not in person.

Having said that I am interested in some marketing that has a shorter time to close period.

Regards

ThoughtMeter.com
    Up
    Rowan @ GardenLarder, post: 207841 wrote:
    It is like a job interview. if you are just sending out random messages (resumes) advertising your business I find that annoying and will generally bin them without reading, but if you show that you have done some homework and the ad looks targeted directly at me and you know something of my business I will usually take a look.
    It takes some work and time but it will often pay off to send a few targeted messages rather than a flood that no-one will read. Best for all advertising really.

This is of course not taking into account the legalities.

Thanks Rowan, this is great food for thought.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

As you are looking at doing everything online – this does make things very different as you need to still somehow build reputation and trust.

So that said you need to be strategic and share your message in a way that does this and across various platforms.

Also your website needs to be very clear on the benefits to your potential customers as to why they should take on your product/service.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.