Home – New Forums Get productive Comfortable Cafes Sydney

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    eranbeard
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hey guys

I know something similar was posted about cafes in Sydney with wifi, but I’m actually looking for cafes in Sydney which are just a comfortable environment to work in for, say, an hour.

I’d actually prefer it if the cafe didn’t have wifi (so I stay productive and focused!)

I’m looking for places with comfortable seating (v important!) and just a nice atmosphere (subjective, I know, but would like to hear people’s suggestions).

Thanks!
    Mark

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Mark,

I can’t help you out with Sydney spots but just want to welcome you to the forum!

Hope to see you stick around. :)

Dave

eranbeard
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thanks very much Dave, very kind of you!

MindTheDragons
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi there!

I have the same dilemma. I work from home a lot of the time but when I have meetings in the city I often have a few hours in between and need somewhere to ‘camp’ so I’m still productive.

A few ideas:
    1. The State Library over on Macquarie St. It’s not a cafe, and it does have wifi, but it’s a very good and quiet working environment. I would head here if you need somewhere to work for a few hours
    2. Ash St Cellar – the tables are small but during the day it’s not really busy and it’s a lovely ambience for an hour or so
    3. Downstairs in the GPO – crazy and loud during lunch (I would avoid) but early in the morning or after lunch are pretty good – there are a couple of options for coffee, or you could just camp at a table
    4. Cafe in Dymocks – the coffee is pretty crap, but the tables are large and its relatively quiet.
    5. Starbucks – finally, I do use Starbucks. That might be a personal thing -in the US and Canada (where I used to live) there is a whole community of entrepreneurs that use Starbucks as their ‘home office’. When I go into a Starbucks, I feel like I’m ‘at work’, so it mentally puts me in the right headspace :P However, they tend to be noisy and the tables aren’t great for working…I still like it though!

Hope this helps :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.