Home – New Forums Starting your journey Coming out of carpentry apprenticeship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    STM09
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi there I am just coming out of my apprenticeship in 4months time and wanted to try my luck on my own mainly doing decks, pergolas, fixes, framing and all aspects of home maintenance to start off with and eventually moving into renovations/bathroom renovations.
    Just wondering what other certificates or requirements I might need to peruse this other than the certificate I get on completion of my apprenticeship.
    I am also from Victoria

CindyK
    • Total posts: 155
    Up
    ::

Hi,

Welcome.

Hopefully someone will point you more specifically in the right direction – but search for the small business website that governs Victoria. There will be quite a few licenses, insurance and trading laws to look at, not to mention financial and business aspects like invoicing customers, getting paid, lodging tax forms.

Up here in Qld, it’s best to be registered with the BSA – which gives you a license number and has set criteria, a standard if you like, to the quality of service.

I would say that exists in Victoria too. All the best and I hope you get plenty more suggestions!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.