Home Forums Starting your journey Commercial cleaning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mag999
    • Total posts: 2

Hi all,
    Im looking into starting my own commercial cleaning business in sydney. If any experienced cleaning operators could give me some advice that would be fantastic.
    What is the best way to advertise for work?
    What is the average rate charged?
    I hear people often talk about contracts could someone tell me what that means?

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 210

I’m not sure if other cleaning businesses will give you their secrets to their business. That said, I can give you my limited understanding of the industry since a family member used to have a cleaning business.

Best way to advertise? There are many different ways to get jobs – cold calling, emailing, mailing, Gumtree.

Average rate? Depends on the company and who their clients are and what they’ve negotiated.

Contracts for regular cleaning jobs are bought and sold by cleaning businesses. If you buy a cleaning contract you are pretty much buying a certain amount of work per week. These jobs don’t necessarily go on forever.

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,526

[USER=116394]@Mag999[/USER] welcome to the forums!

Based on your post, you may not have a good grip on the financial viability of the business yet, so what is it that’s attracting you to that particular industry?

Dave

Mag999
    • Total posts: 2
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 267830, member: 49676 wrote:
    [USER=116394]@Mag999[/USER] welcome to the forums!

Based on your post, you may not have a good grip on the financial viability of the business yet, so what is it that’s attracting you to that particular industry?

Dave
    Why don’t you try offering some advice instead of discouraging people.

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,127

Hi Mag999,

My best advertising has been through a local website supported by Google Adwords.

My rates vary significantly based on how big and how regular is the job and what kind of environment I am cleaning eg, cleaning a factory space vs similar sized office will take the cleaner about 1.5 times the time it takes for an office and the work will be harder.

Some companies have actual contracts (normally of 12-36 months) that lay out rates, billing periods, what is to be done and what standards etc.

Cheers

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 210
    Mag999, post: 267833, member: 116394 wrote:

A contrarian view is always good to have. It helps point out things you cannot foresee yourself and serves to make sure you that you are not living within your own echo chamber.

Avoiding reality is a deadly business sin and will only serve against your interests when you try to formulate business decisions.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

My advise would be stick to your day job, if you only want positive things said, you are not ready for business, business is a cut throat business, you need as many discouraging notes as just a parrot saying yes business is great, if you are asking basic questions about contracts, you are no where near being in a position to start.

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,526

My apologies [USER=116394]@Mag999[/USER] I did not mean to be discouraging at all.
    Best of luck with the new venture :)
    Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.