Home – New Forums Logistics Commercial invoice needed for small orders?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    roguekiwi
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’ve been doing alot of reading online – and there seems to be a fair amount of conflicting information regarding whether or not I need to include a commercial invoice with the packages I send out internationally (they are fairly small and less than AUD$50 in value).

Some sources say that they are required for all international packages, where as others say only on high value goods and it seems most people don’t attach them at all.

So my questions are:

1. Do I need to attach a commercial invoice (in duplicate) to parcels sent internationally (mostly to the US)?

2. Or is simply filling in the green customs form enough?

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up

It’s a normal practice to send invoice either in a post or through email and include a packing slip in the package.

As you may be aware that since it is an international order you don’t need to issue a tax invoice (there is no tax). Just an invoice is suffice.

roguekiwi
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Thanks ThexArm. I’ve included packing slips with my products, but from what I understand a packing slip is not the same as a “commercial invoice” for customs purposes (which is what i’m worried about – I don’t want to send a bunch of packages overseas only for them not to make it through customs).

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up

In that case just call the shipping (eg: auspost) guys and find out what documents they require to process a small parcel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.