Home – New Forums Starting your journey Company name

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marcus__Australia
    Participant
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

Hi readers,
    My question might sound a bit unusual, I suppose I would just like to hear some clarification, if possible.

These days, there are often application forms to fill out about this and that.
    I was considering starting up a business in the future, but not a company, just a basic business for now. Anyway, I have noticed that often many application forms have a question, “COMPANY NAME” :………….

Well………Does “company name” mean both business name and company name or is it exclusively a company only?

Is “company name” just a generic term meaning either company or business?

Perhaps different organizations have a different idea of this word.

I appreciate any feedback.

Regards Marcus_Australia

NickKaro
    • Total posts: 226
    Up

It really depends on the organisation, however from a technical perspective company name is the name registered with ASIC (and can be an ACN) whereas business name is the name a company or other entity is trading under.

In most situations it will not matter (i.e. the business you are dealing with won’t care – however care should be taken to use the technically correct name with formal documents such as correspondence with the ATO or other government agencies.

Marcus__Australia
    Participant
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

To NickKaro,

Thanks, for the reply.

I realize when a form is associated with the government and tax it needs to be filled in accurately to the true meaning.

My question is associated with buying products from either Australia or Overseas. Sometimes “Company name” is an option question, but I thought perhaps it might be a general term, but I’m not completely sure.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Regards marcus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.