Home – New Forums Marketing mastery competition to win tickets help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up
    ::

Hello folks

I have come into getting 2 free tickets to see the Illusionists Stage show at the Sydney Opera House

I have created a form and system to run the competition, I was not provided good quality images to work with but have created a page with a form for the competition http://www.welzmanvip.com.au/illusionist-competition.html there is a survey as part of the comp

I know it looks a little crap but would like some feedback- everything works you can enter if you want to, it’s not a mailing list because I am promoting this to my database of clients and those who have joined my list anyway, this list will be used to generate a list of entry’s so I can pick a winner by http://www.random.org

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

There seems to be no punctuation? There are no full stops, so it’s all a bit confusing.

I’d also take out that massive link and link it to the name of the show.

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

There seems to be no punctuation? There are no full stops, so it’s all a bit confusing.

I’d also take out that massive link and link it to the name of the show.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Don’t forget to check the NSW Gaming and Lotteries site for a permit, and VIC, SA, ACT and TAS if you are promoting in those markets

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Don’t forget to check the NSW Gaming and Lotteries site for a permit, and VIC, SA, ACT and TAS if you are promoting in those markets

The Infotainer
    Up

changed the link
    add some punctuation

thank you

The Infotainer
    Up

changed the link
    add some punctuation

thank you

The Infotainer
    Up

according to the department of gaming and racing

a competition used to get people’s contact details requires a permit

however when marketing to an existing database as in I already have their details then it is OK

I so many trade show promotions that require a permit and some don’t, strangely enough doing a magic challenge on the trade show floor does not require a permit (which is good)

The basic rule is- if they are giving you something for a chance to win, then you need a permit- if you already have their contact details then nothing is exchanged (although their are some times when this is not the case but it’s OK)

The Infotainer
    Up

however when marketing to an existing database as in I already have their details then it is OK

I so many trade show promotions that require a permit and some don’t, strangely enough doing a magic challenge on the trade show floor does not require a permit (which is good)

The basic rule is- if they are giving you something for a chance to win, then you need a permit- if you already have their contact details then nothing is exchanged (although their are some times when this is not the case but it’s OK)

David@Verve Recruitment
    • Total posts: 247
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 99923 wrote:

Good to know. Is that across all the states?

About the web page, do you need to know the brand of their mobile phone? Perhaps you just need to know if it’s a smart phone or not, or which operating system they use, or how old it is, or what they use it for. Just a thought.

Is it appropriate to say “Video is very important in our sales…”, maybe you should just ask the question. Perhaps ask if they can use youtube on their mobile? Or ask – have you viewed the above youtube video, or can you view the above youtube video

All the links on the bottom of the page are impossible to read.

Perhaps you should say the value of the tickets. I’ve never thought of going to a magic show but it could be a lot of fun. I’d love to see Derren Brown on stage. Not that he’s a magician. Although he does do magic.

David@Verve Recruitment
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 99923 wrote:

Good to know. Is that across all the states?

About the web page, do you need to know the brand of their mobile phone? Perhaps you just need to know if it’s a smart phone or not, or which operating system they use, or how old it is, or what they use it for. Just a thought.

Is it appropriate to say “Video is very important in our sales…”, maybe you should just ask the question. Perhaps ask if they can use youtube on their mobile? Or ask – have you viewed the above youtube video, or can you view the above youtube video

All the links on the bottom of the page are impossible to read.

Perhaps you should say the value of the tickets. I’ve never thought of going to a magic show but it could be a lot of fun. I’d love to see Derren Brown on stage. Not that he’s a magician. Although he does do magic.

The Infotainer
    Up

Not sure about other states

value is $180 I am not sure if I want to include this, why? well part of the reason for me getting the free tickets was that I would promote them, so I think it’s best for them to have the prices and sell tickets, Basically their can only be 1 winner and everyone else hopefully will buy a ticket

I’ll be sending out a test email only to 500 families- see what the response is and change accordingly

with regards to mobiles

I have a blackberry bought last year, which cannot view javascript which makes alot of things not work so well

Different devices look different on different devices, I am working on a mobile site, but I have 2 options:

1: a standard smaller scale easy to navigate site
    2: a script that detects the browser and device and redirects the phone to the right mobile site

different smart phone view websites differently obviously iphone displays well, but blackberry and others don’t display as well, it also tells me about flash – and so on.

Video- I will have a look at a reword thank you

Bottom links – yes they are hard to read – not really for actual humans but for web spiders

go to normal site to view the actual menu

other than the link on this forum people will be accessing the page from my email, while it is not a password protected page- before google realy indexes the page and it appears on the top 5 pages of google- it will be gone (entry closes Jan 2)

The Infotainer
    Up

Not sure about other states

value is $180 I am not sure if I want to include this, why? well part of the reason for me getting the free tickets was that I would promote them, so I think it’s best for them to have the prices and sell tickets, Basically their can only be 1 winner and everyone else hopefully will buy a ticket

I’ll be sending out a test email only to 500 families- see what the response is and change accordingly

with regards to mobiles

I have a blackberry bought last year, which cannot view javascript which makes alot of things not work so well

Different devices look different on different devices, I am working on a mobile site, but I have 2 options:

1: a standard smaller scale easy to navigate site
    2: a script that detects the browser and device and redirects the phone to the right mobile site

different smart phone view websites differently obviously iphone displays well, but blackberry and others don’t display as well, it also tells me about flash – and so on.

Video- I will have a look at a reword thank you

Bottom links – yes they are hard to read – not really for actual humans but for web spiders

go to normal site to view the actual menu

other than the link on this forum people will be accessing the page from my email, while it is not a password protected page- before google realy indexes the page and it appears on the top 5 pages of google- it will be gone (entry closes Jan 2)

David@Verve Recruitment
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 99968 wrote:

I’d be thinking that it would be best to list the value. Why? Because $180 is a nice little prize and as such makes entering the competition more attractive, and because if they wanted to buy the tickets they have an understanding of how much it would cost. I would think that those guys would probably want you to list the value for this reason. Could be wrong. Maybe ask them.

Yeah I get that different mobiles handle websites differently, but that’s not dependent on the manufacturer of the phone, but on the operating system used on the phone, and probably other factors too that I’m not technical enough to know. I don’t think it would help you to know if they use an HTC or Samsung. You need to know if they use iOS or Android or Windows Phone.

I probably don’t know the best question for you to ask, but I’m pretty sure it’s not what manufacturer of phone that they have. Maybe ask do you use iphone; Android smart phone; Windows smart phone; Blackberry; Don’t have web on your phone.

Okey doke, lol.

David@Verve Recruitment
    Up

I’d be thinking that it would be best to list the value. Why? Because $180 is a nice little prize and as such makes entering the competition more attractive, and because if they wanted to buy the tickets they have an understanding of how much it would cost. I would think that those guys would probably want you to list the value for this reason. Could be wrong. Maybe ask them.

Yeah I get that different mobiles handle websites differently, but that’s not dependent on the manufacturer of the phone, but on the operating system used on the phone, and probably other factors too that I’m not technical enough to know. I don’t think it would help you to know if they use an HTC or Samsung. You need to know if they use iOS or Android or Windows Phone.

I probably don’t know the best question for you to ask, but I’m pretty sure it’s not what manufacturer of phone that they have. Maybe ask do you use iphone; Android smart phone; Windows smart phone; Blackberry; Don’t have web on your phone.

Okey doke, lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.