Home – New Forums Starting your journey Computer Accessories: A new brand, is it worth it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tejinder09
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    I’ve been working in retail ie; computer for about 5 years now and i always wanted to start my own business.
    Now i am wanting to import some accessories from china and get them a new brand name. the product will be no different from what we can buy from our retailers at this stage.
    I have just one question is it worth it???????

All suggestions will be appreciated

Thank You

Mat
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum!

With regards to your idea it seems like you want to import computer goods and then re-brand them with your own brand. I am not sure of the legal ramifications (ie whether its as easy as applying your own decal or what) but I think your product would be no different (except for labelling) than heaps of other accessories that are much cheaper (as it will cost you to re-brand the products). From my knowledge of most components/accessories it seems to be a battle to the bottom with regards to price. This would mean your product is just more expensive but exactly the same quality. There is also the issue of warranty, would you warranty the good or go off the original companies warranty?

One way around this is to find a product you could import that isnt yet here or one that is better. The problem here is you will spend half your time trying to sell people on why it is better. However, this aside if you could find a unique/different product and find a market here for it then you might be in with a shot (again, i have no idea about importing and whats involved).

Goodluck, and if you dont find a business idea through importing accessories keep looking, there is plenty of oppurtunities out there!

PS If you do start importing computer accessories pm me what your bringing in as I might be interested.

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

Why not try and find a niche market or product. I can’t really think of a more price competitive market than computers and accessories.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

It would also be helpful to read this thread …

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/starting-business/5802-my-first-import-china-not-quite-expected.html

I would recommend contacting http://www.chinadirectsourcing.com.au/index.php or checking the website at least to get more information about sourcing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.