Home Forums New here? Share your story Confectionery approvals

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #1228258
    • Total posts: 1

    Hi all, very new here!

    I am wanting to start a home based confectionery business were I buy bulk confectionery from my suppliers and literally just repackage. I repackage them into lolly boxes, lolly platters, and have a huge pick and mix range, over 60 varieties of lollies.

    I have spoken with local council and they said I either need a DA or CDC. So I was trying to get a CDC as it’s meant to be an easier process. However, the private certifiers I have spoken with say I need a full commercial kitchen installed. This seems ridiculous to me as I don’t need a kitchen. I don’t need cooling or heating. I don’t cook or manufacture the confectionery.

    Has anyone been through the same process and how do you go about it?

    And advice would be appreciated.


    Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,173

    Hi and Welcome to Flying Solo Renee.

    It’s so good to have you!

    Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some advice to point you in the right direction.


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.