Home – New Forums Other discussions Conflict Resoloution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nat16
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

How do you deal with customers that wont leave you alone? After you have said no to a refund (in my T&Cs on my website) and they are refusing to give the product back . I am getting emails from the daily and the latest one is the my receipt isn’t up to there standards (meets all legal requirements). I am getting sick of it and its starting to bring me down.

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Nat16, post: 127820 wrote:
    How do you deal with customers that wont leave you alone? After you have said no to a refund (in my T&Cs on my website) and they are refusing to give the product back . I am getting emails from the daily and the latest one is the my receipt isn’t up to there standards (meets all legal requirements). I am getting sick of it and its starting to bring me down.

Have they outlined exactly what it is they want? If they don’t want a refund, do they want a replacement? If not.. then what?

Perhaps you could send them a copy of the ACCC guidelines which outlines their rights as a consumer (refund/repair/replacement) and let them know you are happy to meet their requirements if they can clearly outline what they are. If they don’t wish to proceed with any of these options, then the matter can be considered closed.

If they claim the receipt doesn’t meet legal requirements, invite them to clarify exactly why not and provide evidence as to why you believe you have met your legal obligations.

Or it may just be that you need to write that particular product off in order to close the matter.

All the best!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

It may be prudent to make sure your not doing anything wrong under consumer law

Steve

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Nat,

You say:

After you have said no to a refund (in my T&Cs on my website) and they are refusing to give the product back .

I’m a little confused and maybe some further information would help – why would they return a product if you’re not giving a refund? Or, do you mean that you have offered a refund so long as they return the product?

Nat16
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Sorry screaming baby in my ear when I wrote it lol, I have offered a refund if I am returned the product which they are refusing to do. (have checked with ACCC that I am doing it all right and that my receipts are fine). I just need a nice polite way of telling them I have done everything I can do for them and to stop emailing me.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Have you asked them what it is they actually want?

Steve

Cooke Consulting
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Hi,

My general advice would be as follows (Note: you should always seek proper legal advice, not my advice because it could be wrong – Which I’m sure any of our legal soloists on board would be more than happy to point out ).:D

So assuming it’s end of the world material then you could take this approach.

1. Write a formal letter to them at the top with the words ‘Without Prejudice Save as to Costs’

2. Describe the events that led up to the dispute – Make reference and quote the particular clause in your T&C’s that backs up your case.

3. What actions you took to attempt resolution of the dispute

4. Make reference to any communication you have received from them showing the fact they have decided (for whatever reasons) not to take you up on your offer to resolve the issue.

5) Make a final offer but spell it out as clearly and concisely as possible so there is no room for misinterpretation.

6) Give them a reasonable deadline – if you get no response then you will consider the matter closed.

At the end of the day its all about being reasonable, but at some point you have to draw the line.

If it’s not apocalyptic then it might just be easier to write this one off to experience and move on.

….did I mention that my advice is general and you should always seek legal advice first?

Good luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.