Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Construction & Development VIC / WA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hydebuild
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all
    Just new here so be nice!
    I’m currently entering my 6th year working & living with my wife in Regional WA in the mining sector as a Construction Inspector/Supervisor. I work directly for the Client. Ive got employment here through to June 2016. I’m a Registered builder in both WA & VIC.

My next chapter in life is a little unknown as I am not to sure what to do next. As we are expecting our first kids (twins!) in July this year, so we are thinking we will move back home to either Perth or Melbourne. I guess this is what brings me to this forum!
    I can always go and work for a builder as a site manager or even a PM maybe, however I would see that as a step back not forward. I am very keen to start building with my own business. Ideally I want to be able to purchase land and build and sell. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with building & developing? And if you think it would be a worthwhile venture or not? I can see the volume builders have quite a grip on the market these days. I guess another option would be to purchase the land and get a volume builder to do the build for me as they could probably do it cheaper….. Anyways much to ponder but any feed back or ideas would be great.
    Cheers
    Simon

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    ::

Hi Simon,

Welcome to Flying Solo and thanks so much for getting involved – the first post can be a bit daunting!

Not that I’ve experience myself, but the idea of developing/selling property certainly seems to be a viable business model. Hopefully some members in the industry might have some insights for you during the week.

When you’re ready, you might want to add a forum signature including a link to your website – you can add that in the control panel.

Hope to see you in the discussions, and good luck with the twins!!

Cheers
    Peter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.