Home – New Forums Tell me straight… constructive criticism wanted please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nits in the Ditch
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hey all am after some constructive criticism for my website.

I also have a facebook page and am struggling to understand why another business who has only been running for less than a year has over 10,000 likes on their page where as I only have just over 200? What are they doing to get the likes or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks all in advance

http://www.nitsintheditch.com

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Could you please provide some more details?

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

As well as being part of the guidelines at the top of this page, these details will help you to get much more tailored feedback.

Dave
    P.S. Welcome to Flying Solo!

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Your website appears to be busted … there’s plenty of links when I search Google … but there’s no one home on the web server, makes it a touch hard to make a comment.

Cheers

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Nits in the Ditch, post: 185174 wrote:

I also have a facebook page and am struggling to understand why another business who has only been running for less than a year has over 10,000 likes on their page where as I only have just over 200? What are they doing to get the likes or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks all in advance

Hi Nits

Welcome, may i add to Daves post and suggest maybe you may also like to introduce yourself here and let us get to know you a little.. this can sometimes go a long way in us getting to understand what you are wanting to achieve.

Re the web site.. i must say, i think your product (or this area of product), is great although i am not 100% sold on it being presented in the best possible light with its existing web site..

Just a few observations would include:
    1. its a .com (not au)

2. unsure of how the banner/slider image of a tree on the beach is relevant (maybe i am missing it) and may serve you better to have your product there

3. On your testimonials page you have in BOLD RED writing that these are NOT PAID for… personally, the moment i read that comment i feel that they are not real.. If they are crafted correctly, the message should convey there sincerity and that they are genuine. And some are too long, i didnt want to read them..

4. OH My, i just went back to your site.. Where would i buy this item from? not the web site.. what is expected of a customer to buy this product? and on product, i can not find your product image ANYWHERE on your site… do you have a product?

Actually, i might stop there.. if you could provide more info on what you are wanting to achieve from your web site, that would allow myself and others to provide you feedback you could use better.. Just i am not sure if its an information site, a site to sell products etc etc..

Another comment re FB 200 likes compared to 10,000 products in 1 year has many possible reasons.. could be products, marketing, more functional web site, could be simply they are paying to buy FB likes from people and many other possibilities…

Look forward to more input.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Thanks all in advance

I can’t find a product to buy, you have a link for wholesalers, but I think you are after resellers, and you want to wholesale.

What does the product look like.(bottle, tube, jar), pictures are a thousand words. Product sizing, how much, can I buy a single tube or are you just looking for resellers.

Personally I think the font is a little small.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Nits,

I hope this isnt too harsh but.

The website although on the top end of the DIY spectrum is outdated. The picture of the girl is dark, and so is the video.

The main pic even though its a picture of nature, doesn’t give any feeling of nature or nits.

There is no emotion in the site, its like a news report.

“Fill in this form and be on the mailing list” why?

I think you could consolidate the contact us, fund raising, and wholesalers pages.

Steve

Tim@Zinger
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hey there and hope you find this useful.

On your main page you refer to yourself in the first person a few times and refer to “my eldest daughter” and “my kitchen” ….

… which is fine but we don’t know who you are or even if you’re male or female. The only clue I got that you were even in Australia was from the testimonials page.

I think having even your first name at the bottom of the homepage and maybe a bit of background about yourself to help your audience know you (and trust you) would help personalise your website and make it “friendly”. Maybe?

Good luck.

rmck
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Thanks all in advance

Hello :)

What is the purpose of the website?

I sense that the site is supposed to be selling a product, or promoting a product that can be bought somewhere else.

Unfortunately it is currently unclear to visitors if the product;

a) is commercially available,

b) can be bought from you, or

c) must be bought from someone else.

A good website will leave the visitor with no unanswered questions, and in the case of an ecommerce site, make it simple and comfortable for people to buy.

If the product is not yet available, make it clear and tell people to join your mailing list to be notified of when it is available.

All the best!

Ryan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.