Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Constructive Feedback Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LiceLady
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

ADVICE NEEDED ….. Okay, I need your help. I have just made some changes to my website and would appreciate some constructive feedback. I still need to finish a couple of pages and add a video of a treatment and also some live “critters”. Thank you
    http://www.weremoveheadlice.com

LDS
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Re: Feedback on Website Please

Hi Robyn,

I would suggest reducing the size of your logo text and adding a service area and phone number to the top right hand side of all pages.

Example:

Call us 0447 657 976
    Servicing Melbourne & surrounding areas

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Robyn,

We have some specific guidelines that apply to this part of the forum, so to help the community give you the best possible advice, please read them above, and then supply the answers to the following questions:

Quote:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

As a relatively new member of the community, it would be great if you could please also review the general forum guidelines, which you’ll find here.

Thank you, and good luck for your review,
    Jayne

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

In about us it would be nice to say who you are, it makes it a little more personal.

Is We Remove Head Lice you registered business name it doesnt appear to come up

Mirella Vertigo
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi Robyn,

I’m not sure what kind of feedback you’re after but I’m happy to offer advice from a design perspective.

Your logo is a very low resolution. It doesn’t look professional or translate well online, and your main heading is suffocating the area around it. The body font (Georgia) lacks readability for long text on screen, especially with the heavy bolded areas — I suggest using a san serif web font such as Proxima Nova (san serif fonts don’t have the little stems on the ends of each letter). If that’s not an option, lighten the colour of the font to a dark grey and enlarge the size at least 2pt so it’s more ideal for readability. People want information quickly and the typography (plus the amount of text) you have now makes it difficult for them to scan your site for what they’re after.

There are too many similar pages and too many links in your navigation menu. Try merging pages such as “Services” and “Guarantee”, “Facts” and “How to Remove Lice”, and “Products” and “Pricing”. Again, people want information quickly, and don’t want to click around for ages looking for it.

There are some FAQs on your home page that are repeated on your “Facts” page, so avoid doubling up (and change the “Facts” navigation link to “FAQ”, it stands out more).

Your contact page is fantastic and tells me everything I need to know in one spot. It’s not necessary to have your phone number plastered on every single page.

“We know you have been itching to find us!” is one of the best slogans I’ve seen — hilarious and clever, really tickles my fancy!

I hope this helps. :)

Mirella

Danielle Murdoch
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hi Lice Lady,

I love the use of the large image – I had no idea what lice looked like! Then again, that’s a good thing isn’t it?!

The first thing I noticed is that you explain why your potential customers are on your site. But really I want to know how you can help me. Saving money and talking about why we should remove lice wont make me convert to a sale even if I did have lice.

I would focus your homepage on how you can help your customer, show them pictures of your products in beautiful/sexy images and explain why they should use your product with a button to where I can buy the product.

Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to answer them from a Website designers/ sales point of view.

On a technical note: From April 21st Google is now going to penalise none responsive websites.

Advantech Software
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Lice Lady,

Just a few points I would consider with your site:

1. Home page is a little bit too wordy. Try to use panels or section the text somehow to draw your attention to certain things.

2. I had to scroll 3/4 of the way down the page to realise you are in Melbourne and Country Victoria only. Perhaps have your location, a Contact Number quite prominent towards the top of the home page.

3. Gradient backgrounds a little old school now. Consider a bold colour to separate the header and footers from the content of the site.

4. Lots of menu options which is good.

5. The site does work on a mobile but isn’t responsive. Google has said publicly that they would prefer all sites be responsive websites but as the site does work and look nice on a mobile, that’s a start.

Hope this feedback helps. All the best with your business :)

Regards,
    Sam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.