Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Constructive feedbakc please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    slawler88
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I have just launched my new site http://www.wahparents.com.au after much consideration I think I have covered just baout everythin in regards to content layout etc. i was wondering if you think I should ad a news page to it, for special offers etc.

Ive been using sites provided to me either for free or from my business and after some harsh reviews I thought I would start my own and put content in there that real people who are looking for work from home would like to know.

PLease be nice and dont hurt my feelings alot of effort went into this.

Thanks
    Sally

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

From a technical viewpoint, there are some alignment issues with the site. This is a problem when people use templates and DIY.

From a marketing point of view, it doesn’t do anything for me. Too much text to read that I don’t feel compelled to read. No big pitch, no selling point or call to action. I lasted maybe 2 minutes.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

As above, there are many alignment issues. The headers are popping out here there and everywhere.

You start every page out with nice line-height, then you just pack it all in like a tin of sardines. This is another technical reason, you don’t have the other sections in a paragraph, thus they’re not being styled.

Also as above, there’s nothing on there that calls to me. It’s just a giant block of text that I have no interest in reading. Use your headline to get my attention, and format your text to make it look more inviting to read (spacing).

Get a @wahparents.com.au and use that as your contact.
    Don’t link to your other website, you’re consolidating to the one site not sending people in circles.

slawler88
    Up

Re: Constructive feedback please

Thanks for that. But I feel like I cant win, first there wasnt enough info and now theres too much, wheres the happy medium?

I will fix some issues tonight and let me know what you then think

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

There is no point in having a lot of info if people don’t want to read it. It’s about communicating your message in the most simplest and effective way possible.

slawler88
    Up

Yeah I get that point, but my other site was straight to the point but yet people said it had lack of info

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Remember this is an highly competitive niche.

Type ‘Working from home’ into Google and see who you are up against. How are you going to market your site? Organic? Get ready for hard work. Paid? You will be paying $2+ per click, so are you going to need to convert!

Good luck – If you have any questions please ask!

Matt

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up
    slawler88, post: 19539 wrote:
    Yeah I get that point, but my other site was straight to the point but yet people said it had lack of info

We didn’t mean a lack of text, we meant a lack of explanation and transparency.

Really focus on the key bait you want to display, and don’t think about it from your perspective.

Move the content of your ‘What’s Involved’ page to your ‘Home’ page, that’s the sort of stuff you need to be focusing on. And you need a call-to-action at the bottom of it, have a field where they can put their name/email in and hit “Give me more info!”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.