Home – New Forums Marketing mastery consulting a business analyst

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jabar
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate if someone help me with this: I have the chance of meeting a business analyst that offered to analyse my online business (my online stores) for free. The problem is that I dont know what to ask to such a person and I dont know what a business analyst does, so I though you could help me creating a list of question you would ask a business analyst that could help growing an ONLINE store, any idea will be very appreciated, thanks!

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi there,

I think a good start would be to push back and ask the analyst for some guidance. Can they show you some case studies? Explain the format of the session? Ought you have questions prepared or can they tell you in advance what you’ll be asked? Once the freebie session is over, how do they typically proceed with a client?

The phrase business analyst is very broad, they may be more a coach or perhaps they are more focused on systems. It’s up to them to demystify this for you!

Hope the session goes well.

Sam

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi there, in most cases a free report is a way to generate business. However its always good to see what they have to say. In most cases they will ask the questions. I guess the best questions to ask is what success have they had with other online businesses. What types of lead generation ideas do they recommend.

Basically what help do you need? The problem with this is there are many ways to marketing your business and they all cost money. Which one is best? That’s the magical question. Some work better for some businesses but don’t work good for others. Just go slow. Test and measure before committing to much with one form of marketing.

jabar
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Sorry I forgot to explain, this is a friend of a friend that offered to help me for free not someone looking to do business with me, he works in some big company and have good experience, but apparently has no experience with online stores, but still he want to help me so I want to get as more help as I can from him in terms of advice, problem is that I am not sure what he is capable of…

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

I might be able to help you. What questions do you have?

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

If he has no knowledge of online stores it may be difficult for him to analyse as they are very different to a standard website.

Ask him what information he can provide you with after he analyses your store, what will be the results you receive.

A business analyst is a wide term – you need for him to be more specific about what he can offer you, this way you can decide if the benefits are worth the effort. Otherwise you may be better chatting with a business adviser who can help you with specific issues.

For example if you need to generate traffic there are a number of social media options which will cost you time rather than money.

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

“…this is a friend of a friend…”

Probably one of the worst places to accept advice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.