Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Contacting old customers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Joli
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    ::

When is it too late to contact old customers? 12 months, 2 years, 3 years etc? Or is it never too late?

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Lack of contact can back fire in many ways (even for current customers), but when do contact it needs to be for good reason rather than purely a sales pitch.

Joli
    Participant
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 259347, member: 54026 wrote:
    Lack of contact can back fire in many ways (even for current customers), but when do contact it needs to be for good reason rather than purely a sales pitch.

Good point. What is said also matters…

So then if it were a case of wanting to ‘touch base’ with old customers and ask if they need anything – how ‘old’ is too old?

Also I’m thinking this is also a good way to clean up old databases. I.e. remove emails that bounce from mailing lists etc.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,321
    Up

I’m not sure that it is ever too late but this will be more business dependent than anything.

it is always good to clean out databases but It is also a good idea to ask why the old customer is not a current customer or has lost interest in your product.

You can get Very valuable info if you do this process well.

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Look at it this way what have you got to loose, if they had no intention using your product anymore they will just ignore your correspondence so no harm done. But you may just happen to hook one or 2 who had just drifted away for no specific reason.

El Arish Tropical Exotics
    • Total posts: 227
    Up

I just sent a “We Miss You” email to my least active customers with a 10% off coupon code that is good for a limited time. Discounts speak volumes!

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

All my past/current clients are in a Mailchimp mailing list, which I send a randomly scheduled email every so often when there’s important news (ie. Google’s requirement for all sites to use SSL certificate to rank well). It ensures I’m on the radar of past clients, and has resulted in both repeat and referral work.

Hassle Free Website
    • Total posts: 108
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 259365, member: 34615 wrote:
    All my past/current clients are in a Mailchimp mailing list, which I send a randomly scheduled email every so often when there’s important new

This is the advice to follow as a fundamental.

karensaid
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Never ever too late. Don’t let go of any lead, fight for it, earn it back. :-)

What would be more detrimental is not attempting to rekindle contact. It happens, life get’s in the way. Tidying up that database is an excellent must do idea.

I agree with what bb1 stated above as well.

Be authentic, upfront always works best in my op.

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 259365, member: 34615 wrote:
    All my past/current clients are in a Mailchimp mailing list, which I send a randomly scheduled email every so often when there’s important news .

Yes, I think that’s the key thing – important news, and I’d add, news that is “all about them” / “all for them” not about us.

Joli
    Participant
    Up

[USER=6734]@El Arish Tropical Exotics[/USER] I did that too… didn’t get a good result but it was worth a try.

[USER=34615]@Zava Design[/USER] I have a mailchimp subscriber list I email once a month. I wanted to specifically touch base with those on the list who’ve never ordered… find out if there is something I can personally help them with.

[USER=110616]@karensaid[/USER] I like your think, don’t let go of any lead, fight for it!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Joli, post: 259474, member: 36196 wrote:
    [USER=34615]@Zava Design[/USER] I have a mailchimp subscriber list I email once a month. I wanted to specifically touch base with those on the list who’ve never ordered… find out if there is something I can personally help them with.

I wouldn’t have thought sending an email via mailchimp is really giving that personal touch. It’s just a case of you are on my mailing list you are getting my latest thought bubble.

Thats the sad thing people now think that a mailing list is personal, it’s not,

Joli
    Participant
    Up
    bb1, post: 259476, member: 53375 wrote:
    I wouldn’t have thought sending an email via mailchimp is really giving that personal touch. It’s just a case of you are on my mailing list you are getting my latest thought bubble.

Thats the sad thing people now think that a mailing list is personal, it’s not,

I mean emailing them personally outside of mailchimp. Individually.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.