Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Contemplating new business Idea

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Newbusnewbie
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Hi,

This is an amazing website. Mi am loving reading about others ventures and all the information, I will need hours to get through it all!!!

I m currently putting together all the pieces to get my business idea off the ground. After 20 years in admin, I am branching out to offer small business ess my expertise to document all their business procedures. Having recognized that many small businesses don’t have the time to write down how their business runs, I am going to offer my services to help them. I call the ‘hit by a bus’ insurance policy- if you or one of your staff get hit by the proverbial bus, then someone else can quickly and easily step in and help keep things ticking over.

I have a thousand questions, so will post them elsewhere, but look forward to being a member here.

Thanks!

sohoAustralia
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi and welcome.

I like your business idea – I did a complete Procedures & Processes Manual for a sme a few years back – almost 300 pages … Sheesh. Very tedious but totally useful.

I believe that every business – small, medium, large – should have procedures.

I like your ‘hit by a bus’ metaphor – spot on.

I look forward to your success.

Cheers,
    Martin

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    Newbusnewbie, post: 191470 wrote:
    This is an amazing website. Mi am loving reading about others ventures and all the information, I will need hours to get through it all!!! Thanks for such kind words 😮 It’s the members that make it!

I agree that’s a great idea – systems and procedures are so important yet very often overlooked by small business owners. As you say once you’re busy running the business it can be hard to get the time for documentation.

There’s a good library of articles on this topic in our processes category if that helps http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/working-smarter/processes

Let us know once you’re up and running and all the best with take off!
    Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.