Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Content ideas – target audience professionals and small business owners

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #999331
    Lizzy C
    Member
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hey peeps,

    I would love some thoughts and advice on content for my business Lizzy C Photography. We specialise in natural and relaxed portraits for business people and business owners – often service based businesses such as consultants, authors, health practitioners etc. Basically anyone who needs/has an online profile and wants to appear professional and approachable.

    Having been in business 10 years, I’ve kind of run out of ideas for our newsletter, SM and blog!!

    We’ve done articles which answer our FAQ such as what to wear, how a session works, why use a professional photographer, how to prepare, tips for the perfect LinkedIn photo, etc. We also interview clients and ask them about what they do and their experience of a portrait session. This is what we’ve already done

    Any ideas of related content that you’d love to know, learn about or would be interested in would really help!!

    Thanks in advance!

    Lizzy

    #1219033
    grantjamison
    Member
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Lizzy, why don’t you take us behind the scenes on a photoshoot? Show us a video of the process from start to finish. Then maybe upload a series of Native facebook videos that give tips to your audience about what to wear for their shoot, tips on taking a good selfie, why and when to use a professional photographer and more. That way you’re giving value to your audience and community, and establish yourself as an expert. I know I for one would be interested to see all the behind the scenes work that goes into making a perfect photo.

    Just my 2 cents!

    #1219034
    Claire Stevens
    Member
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Lizzy!

    You have so many beautiful photos and some good content on your blog.
    Grant’s tip above is great to show everyone inside your business and also taps into the emotional side of your services – I can imagine a lot of people feel quite daunted when getting their photo taken so showing people that you’re a real, down to earth person is a good way to show your authenticity.

    For your social media, bring across more of your blog content in terms of the tips and tricks of preparing for a photography session. This makes your viewers feel one step closer to knowing what is involved in your photography sessions and therefore might be more likely to book one.

    You could also consider posting about where your photos have been used (e.g. on business cards, signage etc.) to show the benefits of your photography and to show some variety on your social media feeds.

    Don’t forget to use a call to action in your bio and/or occasionally on your posts to prompt your social media followers to get in contact with you.

    I hope this helps!

    Let me know if I can help with anything else :)

    #1219035
    ModernDayPA
    Member
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Lizzy,

    You could share testimonials, photos of you out at work (photo of the photographer), run a competition and share it on your FB, e-newsletter, share info about some of the types of businesses you’ve been working with lately, or tell a story about a client and how you helped them.
    You could also share some “Did you know….” type posts or articles, to showcase some of your lesser known services, or tell them about the benefits of working with you.
    Don’t forget to announce that you offer gift vouchers and promote your downloadable freebie.

    #1219036
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Lizzy,

    Congratulations on your longevity!

    You could go through your memory bank of things that people have said to you and develop content from that.

    For example, I am sure you would have heard about disastrous photoshoots, top reasons people put off photoshoots and lots of stories about how your photography has impacted people’s businesses.

    The last one is a gem because you can use those stories in so many ways – everyone loves a story and if you can quantify your impact, you will get business people’s attention.

    You haven’t even said it but content for content sake doesn’t work – personal success stories on the other hand provide good content and are very unique to each person. But they can be drawn together in categories such as industries and this can provide great SEO content as well.

    Good luck.

    #1219037
    Johny
    Member
    • Total posts: 840
    Up
    0
    ::

    Basically anyone who needs/has an online profile and wants to appear professional and approachable.

    I think that is one of the biggest mistakes most small businesses makes, myself included at times. Far too broad

    I have started importing and distributing food. Everyone eats right? Therefore everyone who eats needs my product? Well, no, not by a long shot…

    Personally, I don’t see the benefits of getting a professional picture taken so I couldn’t be bothered. I could be right or I could be wrong and I appreciate the old “first impressions” comments. I have seen so many people dressed up and then amaze me with their lack of professionalism, incompetence or lack of ethics.

    I think you are better off identifying a more specific market segment. That may also help you to focus on content aligned more closely to that segment.

    #1219038
    JacquiPryor
    Member
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Lizzy.

    I totally get this. My business is almost as old as yours, and I have content writers block too! There’s only so many FAQs you can turn into a post, and only so many things others might find ‘interesting’ to read.

    I assume part of the reason you keep posting is for nice SEO juice and driving traffic so it needs to be relevant so it’s quality traffic. I like the idea of ‘behind the scenes’, and also something (if doable) about why having a professional shot done is good for business. Lots there (good content) about why to have a professional photographer; why you might need more than 1 picture; whether to have hair and make up done etc. I scrolled back to 2016 and didn’t see anything about why I should actually get a professional shot in terms of its usefulness for business if that makes sense. I think it’s also ok to kinda repeat previous content – or, more so, answer the same question with a new post/piece of content.

    Could you also – if nothing else, to fill in some spots/keep it current and regular – do a something like a “my top 10 fav shoots of the year” or similar. Even some photo fails (yours or others that you’ve found funny, shocking etc)

    My SEO guy is around here – if he reads my post he’s gonna tell me off for struggling to come up with content now I’ve said the above ;)

    All the best :)

    #1219039
    Lukec
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Lizzy,

    Newsletters, social media and blogs all provide answers and insights in their own manner, each having positives and negatives when developing their campaigns. You have done a wonderfull job with consistency and quality throughout your blog posts and social media posts but still lack depth on Instagram. the speed and cheap customer acquisition Instagram provides your business is very important to the niche which you sell to. Blog posts are a great way to build up rankings on search engines and to inform established customers about news and insights.

    I don’t feel like you should change anything or are lacking in content, it’s just what outcome you want from each avenue. All three will provide different results.

    #1219040
    stella_martin
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    0
    ::

    Every business has different marketing strategy. Since, you are a photographer, you should post different interesting photos. As the matter of fact, people today are crazy about photographs, by taking various photos, you can connect with many people.

    Along with that, you can also create your account on the social networking sites. Facebook, twitter, linked in have millions of users and groups. In these groups you can share your photos and you will be able to reach the specific community and expand you business.

    You can also hire a digital marketing agency to get higher rankings on Google. if you will get good rankings then your website will definitely receive the quality traffic very easily.

    #1219041
    Corey
    Member
    • Total posts: 568
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Lizzy,

    Do you have a preferred registered Charity you could feature & highlight your participation?

    Cheers
    Corey

    #1219042
    Lizzy C
    Member
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    0
    ::
    grantjamison, post: 264287, member: 113897 wrote:
    Hi Lizzy, why don’t you take us behind the scenes on a photoshoot? Show us a video of the process from start to finish. Then maybe upload a series of Native facebook videos that give tips to your audience about what to wear for their shoot, tips on taking a good selfie, why and when to use a professional photographer and more. That way you’re giving value to your audience and community, and establish yourself as an expert. I know I for one would be interested to see all the behind the scenes work that goes into making a perfect photo.

    Just my 2 cents!

    Thanks for your input Grant. I agree video is a very powerful tool if done well. One day I’ll get around to doing one and allocate some budget to it. I think I’ve not done it as it kind of reminds me of photographer portraits where the photographer is holding the camera…

    #1219043
    Lizzy C
    Member
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    0
    ::
    Claire Stevens, post: 264754, member: 112361 wrote:
    Hi Lizzy!

    You have so many beautiful photos and some good content on your blog.
    Grant’s tip above is great to show everyone inside your business and also taps into the emotional side of your services – I can imagine a lot of people feel quite daunted when getting their photo taken so showing people that you’re a real, down to earth person is a good way to show your authenticity.

    For your social media, bring across more of your blog content in terms of the tips and tricks of preparing for a photography session. This makes your viewers feel one step closer to knowing what is involved in your photography sessions and therefore might be more likely to book one.

    You could also consider posting about where your photos have been used (e.g. on business cards, signage etc.) to show the benefits of your photography and to show some variety on your social media feeds.

    Don’t forget to use a call to action in your bio and/or occasionally on your posts to prompt your social media followers to get in contact with you.

    I hope this helps!

    Let me know if I can help with anything else :)

    Hi Claire, thanks for your thoughtful and lovely feedback.

    I like the idea of sharing on SM some examples of where images have been used. I hadn’t thought of that. Thanks!

    I’ll take all of your tips on board and put in place. Thanks!

    #1219044
    Lizzy C
    Member
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    0
    ::
    ModernDayPA, post: 264757, member: 111588 wrote:
    Hi Lizzy,

    You could share testimonials, photos of you out at work (photo of the photographer), run a competition and share it on your FB, e-newsletter, share info about some of the types of businesses you’ve been working with lately, or tell a story about a client and how you helped them.
    You could also share some “Did you know….” type posts or articles, to showcase some of your lesser known services, or tell them about the benefits of working with you.
    Don’t forget to announce that you offer gift vouchers and promote your downloadable freebie.

    Thanks Cath,
    Great idea. I ran a competition years ago. I should probably do it again!

    #1219045
    Lizzy C
    Member
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    0
    ::
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 264760, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi Lizzy,

    Congratulations on your longevity!

    You could go through your memory bank of things that people have said to you and develop content from that.

    For example, I am sure you would have heard about disastrous photoshoots, top reasons people put off photoshoots and lots of stories about how your photography has impacted people’s businesses.

    The last one is a gem because you can use those stories in so many ways – everyone loves a story and if you can quantify your impact, you will get business people’s attention.

    You haven’t even said it but content for content sake doesn’t work – personal success stories on the other hand provide good content and are very unique to each person. But they can be drawn together in categories such as industries and this can provide great SEO content as well.

    Good luck.

    Thanks Paul, that’s a good idea. I haven’t used that one before. I could go back to some past clients and ask how the photography they had previously has made a difference/impact. I tend to ask them (share the content) when we’ve just taken the photos.

    #1219046
    Lizzy C
    Member
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    0
    ::
    JacquiPryor, post: 264791, member: 20176 wrote:
    Hi Lizzy.

    I totally get this. My business is almost as old as yours, and I have content writers block too! There’s only so many FAQs you can turn into a post, and only so many things others might find ‘interesting’ to read.

    I assume part of the reason you keep posting is for nice SEO juice and driving traffic so it needs to be relevant so it’s quality traffic. I like the idea of ‘behind the scenes’, and also something (if doable) about why having a professional shot done is good for business. Lots there (good content) about why to have a professional photographer; why you might need more than 1 picture; whether to have hair and make up done etc. I scrolled back to 2016 and didn’t see anything about why I should actually get a professional shot in terms of its usefulness for business if that makes sense. I think it’s also ok to kinda repeat previous content – or, more so, answer the same question with a new post/piece of content.

    Could you also – if nothing else, to fill in some spots/keep it current and regular – do a something like a “my top 10 fav shoots of the year” or similar. Even some photo fails (yours or others that you’ve found funny, shocking etc)

    My SEO guy is around here – if he reads my post he’s gonna tell me off for struggling to come up with content now I’ve said the above ;)

    All the best :)

    Thanks Jacqui, I hear you!! It’s so much easier to think up ideas for other businesses then your own. I’ve done a few of late on questions I always get asked/answers I find myself repeating. It hadn’t occurred to me to do one on why it’s important to do a professional photo shoot – I thought it was obvious (haha – it always seems obvious if it’s your industry!)

    Also, love the fave shoots of the year idea too!

    Thanks for taking the time to take a look and give me some ideas!! Will take them all on board and put in place.

    Liz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.