Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Contra deal experiences

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jared211
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

This may be the wrong board to post on, but I’m doing a research project and I just wanted to start a discussion regarding contra deals (offering goods or services in exchange for someone else’s goods or services).

I’m eager to hear everyone’s experiences, whether they are positive or negative and why,
    How often you may use contra deals over cash transactions, have you made any lasting relationships from previous deals, why you like or dislike the concept etc.
    Basically anything you can share would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks guys!

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

I had a bad experience with one of these programs many years ago. The details are a bit hazy now but I do remember that it is difficult to get enough people/businesses involved to be able to swap services/businesses that you want, and you have to watch out for the hidden fees, especially exit fees.

Anyway it left a very bad taste in my mouth and I wasn’t the only one by a long shot. I didn’t realise these programs were still going, I haven’t seen any promotions for a long time.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Jared211, post: 250782, member: 100207 wrote:
    Hey guys,

This may be the wrong board to post on, but I’m doing a research project and I just wanted to start a discussion regarding contra deals (offering goods or services in exchange for someone else’s goods or services).

I’m eager to hear everyone’s experiences, whether they are positive or negative and why,
    How often you may use contra deals over cash transactions, have you made any lasting relationships from previous deals, why you like or dislike the concept etc.
    Basically anything you can share would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks guys!

You may get more responses if you shared who you are and what the research project is in aid of. First post here and you are asking for info. Tell us some more about yourself and your project.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo [USER=100207]@Jared211[/USER]

Thank you for joining.

Did you have any specific scenarios in mind when you posted? Are you thinking of doing a contra deal in your business?

Cheers

Jared211
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thanks for the welcome Paul.

I don’t actually have a small business of my own (yet) but I’m looking to create a start-up that’s built around an idea similar to contra deals. I was going for a peer-to-peer level platform rather than business-to-business, but that the moment I’m just researching all types of fields if that makes sense. So to answer your question I’m not looking for anything specific, moreso just anything relatable.

Cheers

Alan Maddick
    • Total posts: 410
    Up

I love a good contra deal – they are my favorite :)

I have not used any of the platform based concepts just do one off deals with clients.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

I have been meaning to reply here for a while. Bartercard has operated successfully for more than a decade with all of the hang-ups associated with being offline.

This industry just seems made for online disruption to me.

Good luck Jared

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.