Home – New Forums Starting your journey Contracts for freelance writers and/or trainer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    j_adan
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone! My name is Joy – I’m just leaping into the big (crazy, overwhelming) world of working for myself and, while I’ve been a lurker on this forum for about a year, this is my first time posting (so please forgive me if I get it all wrong).

I’m currently looking for a template or resource for developing two types of contracts for the two services I’m offering as a freelancer:

1. I’m a freelance writer and write articles, web content and blog posts for small businesses. Normally the businesses I’ve written for give me a contract, but I’d like one to give myself. I’ve had a look at the MEAA contract template which is great, but does anyone have one they would be comfortable sharing?

2. I’m also looking into formalising the training service I’ve been offering on an ad hoc basis to authors or business owners who want to know more about establishing an online presence and using social media to market their product/book. I’ve developed “product” (ie course modules/programs) but need a standard contract for the supply of this service.

Are there any writers and trainers out there who can point me to a good resource/template/solicitor who can help me with this ASAP? I have had a look online, but I’d love to hear some recommendations and tips from seasoned soloists.

Thank you!

Joy Adan

MA Publishing | B Media
    Writer, Editor & Communications Consultant
    +61 404 128 614 | [email protected] | http://www.joyadan.com
    [/SIZE]

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up

If your budget is limited there are some templates around.
    Otherwise would estimate you are looking at $1050 plus GST to have a solicitor draw it up.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Joy,

Thanks for stepping up and introducing yourself, and congratulations on taking the big leap!

Sorry that I can’t help with contracts, but I hope you find the info you need soon.

In the meantime, please make yourself at home here – you’re very welcome :)
    Jayne

j_adan
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    PRO, post: 195449 wrote:
    If your budget is limited there are some templates around.
    Otherwise would estimate you are looking at $1050 plus GST to have a solicitor draw it up.

Thanks Darryl! Yep, budget is limited, hence the search for a template 😮

I paid ~$400 to get my first contract (sent from an international client) reviewed, so I figured it would cost plenty more to get one written up from scratch.

Thanks for the ballpark figure though!

PRO
    • Total posts: 450
    Up

No worries. That is for both by the way if you only needed one done then I would budget about $700.

Good luck with the business

camillapeffer
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi Joy!
    Congrats on taking the leap! I’m in the same boat as you, and I use BidSketch for client proposals and contracts. Bid Sketch also facilitates online signatures, if you’re dealing with international/interstate clients.
    You can sign up for a free trial for 14 days, after that they charge you.
    Hope this helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.