Home – New Forums Find the help you need conversion of graphics file for logo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up
    ::

hi guys,

I have started of my new venture and need my logo to be finalised. I normally deal with a local designer but it seems he may be a bit busy to ‘polish’ it – preferring to start the design from scratch and charge me for this.

I have created what I want (took me a while but I like learning new things) and have saved as a .svg file. Can anyone in design give me a price to touch up and convert the file into workable .eps files so I can use on stationery etc?

Thanks in advance – hopefully not too long before I kickoff and can be on here to say hello!

Regards,

Mark

bluewoodstudio
    • Total posts: 233
    Up

Hi Mark,

I’d like the see the file first before giving you a price, depends how the detailed it is etc.

Email the file to heidi@bluewoodstudio.com.au and I can let you know how long and how much.

Heidi :)

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Depending on what the logo is exactly, it may well turn out to be cheaper to start over than to polish it… What exactly is in SVG file anyway?

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I agree with the others – it’s easier to start from scratch. Every time I have been asked to ‘touch up’ a logo, I have redrawn from scratch as a vector file, which is then saved as an EPS. Much more effective. There are also different kinds of EPS (Encapsulated Postscript files) which must be considered. The latest versions created by Adobe Illustrator are Version CS6 or v15, yet many overseas printers in Indian and China only work with Version 8. This can cause problems as special effects are lost in earlier versions and flattening of effects can cause problems. Always good to know where the files will end up when creating from scratch.

alliedib
    Up

thanks guys…

it looks like the cost to polish and convert will be approx 1/4 the price to design a new one… which (considering the one I designed is the one I want) is fine by me!

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

Hey man,

I’ve you haven’t found someone to do this for you yet, we could do it for around $100 if it’s as straightforward as it seems.

Cheers,

alliedib
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 124356 wrote:
    Hey man,

I’ve you haven’t found someone to do this for you yet, we could do it for around $100 if it’s as straightforward as it seems.

Cheers,

Thanks but I have now found someone.

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.