Home – New Forums Logistics Cost Effective Way to Print International Shipping Labels

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Melo
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all – I am looking for the most cost effective way to print international shipping labels which I have been advised need to be no smaller than C5 162 x 229 mm.

Would love a thermal label printer but have not yet found one that prints this size – am I better off getting a laser printer?

I have spoken to a rep from Brother, looked at Dymo and am going to look further into Rollo.

Would love your thoughts / experiences

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Melo, post: 270248, member: 118207 wrote:
    Hi all – I am looking for the most cost effective way to print international shipping labels which I have been advised need to be no smaller than C5 162 x 229 mm.

Would love a thermal label printer but have not yet found one that prints this size – am I better off getting a laser printer?

I have spoken to a rep from Brother, looked at Dymo and am going to look further into Rollo.

Would love your thoughts / experiences

Howdy

Tell us a bit more about your requirements, it sounds like you are wanting to print the AP international declaration forms – maybe? if this is the case, print A4 (half) and fold in half and place into an outer sleeve (like invoice attached pocket).. If its the AP ones, some countries require multiple and they cant be thermal to be stuck onto doc as they need to be removed from the envelope.

If you let the readers know carrier etc, that may help a little…

As an example, we use DHL and AP and a few others, although use PPT option meaning only need one thermal on the outer of the bags with DHL or stick like i advised above for AP (i can thermal, just not had time to establish)..

Cheers

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=118207]@Melo[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Cheers

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 94
    Up

Hi there,

as per the above comment. If you want to print shipping labels, go to zebra. They are a dominant brand in that field. But shipping labels don’t have to be that big.

Many of my customers do not bother with the cost of getting a thermal printer. But many of my other customers would not survive without them. It’s all about the numbers.

If you are only sending one or two a day, then the cost of a zebra is probably not worth it. Just print on plain paper A4 and fold it in half. If you are sending 10 or more a day – get a zebra

Rob Dash E: [email protected] M: 61 423 136 053 Quotes: https://tinyurl.com/yae7tbj6 S: live:rd2221
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.