Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Count me in – Hello from Tony

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TSH-SR
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

Hi Folks,
    Good to see the forum, I have been a flying solo convert for a year or so now I think.

I have survived 13 odd years in self employment, (some will say very odd) after a motor trade, an agricultural education, some years working on farms, a move into sales and marketing in the corporate multinational world and then into self employment. A true jack of all trades and master of none.

My first business was a Franchise – This is a much worse swear word than the dreaded “F” word. If you feel like an insight in how to lose money but gain the real lessons in business, call me.

While trying to unload the F____ise I slowly built up an insect screen and screen door business from scratch with $110, an old van and $1.12 per week advertising.
    Over the years I have employed/subcontracted people, but 3 years ago I unloaded the staff and started making more money by not buying all those dammed headache pills.

Just to warn you, my wife thinks I have contracted Grumpy old grey haired Tradesmans disease.

I am always looking for new ideas, concepts and business insights, so am really looking forward to further involvement in the discussions.

Regards Tony

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Just to warn you, my wife thinks I have contracted Grumpy old grey haired Tradesmans disease.

Well then young Tony you have come to the right place, for fixing the ” grumpy old grey haired tradesmans disease. You probably havent got it tto bad and with a read of all the topics and posts should keep you away from ‘shewhomustbe’ for some time.

So say what you think and feel you just never know there maybe someone here just hanging on your every word………………………then again

Welcome one grumpy old tradesman from another grumpy old tradesman, and may the force be with you.

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up

Heya Tony!

Look forward to hearing some of your insights gained from all those life lessons :)

Heidi

petercrocker
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Hi Tony,
    Thanks and welcome to the forums.
    ‘Jack of all trades’ seems to be a common trait of people working for themselves, but hopefully master of something too :)
    Cheers
    Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.