Home – New Forums Logistics Couriers Please is transporting items free to RC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up
    ::

I just spoke to Couriers Please in Sydney who said they’ve recently made the decision to help by delivering to the Red Cross depot in Kinglake area – Yea. I explained that business people would like to donate business items to those businesses who have lost everything. These items can be all kinds of office items of various sizes that fit the courier’s dimensions below.

If you or anyone you know, has a Couriers Please account (all over Australia), they will pickup items and deliver FREE to the Red Cross at Yea, near Kinglake VIC. You can take your parcels to the Couriers Please depots or ask your Couriers Please driver to collect from you.
    http://www.couriersplease.com.au

The parcels must be addressed as follows:

VIC BUSHFIRE APPEAL
    Business Items

(no actual address – just the above two lines)

Parcels must be no longer than 1.8m and less than 40g in weight.

– Karen

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

That’s a great idea, thanks Karen.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Thanks Karen, I hope you dont mind I have posted this on the carpet cleaners forum, you never know just what these fellas will get up to.

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Karen

Thanks, I will forward it too to some companies I know who are dealing with couriers please.

BTW: you mean 40kg, right? Or 4kg?

Cheers
    Astrid

Past-Member
    Up

Their maximum is 40kg but they prefer separate parcels no more than 15-20kg. It’s better to break up the parcel to two smaller parcels and clearly label 1/2, 2/2 etc.

Astrid, post: 2976 wrote:
    Hi Karen

Thanks, I will forward it too to some companies I know who are dealing with couriers please.

BTW: you mean 40kg, right? Or 4kg?

Cheers
    Astrid

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

4okg is very heavy, the maximum allowed under the transport workers union was 30kg.

Past-Member
    Up

I agree – I am only repeating what information I was given.
    However, I would strongly suggest to keep parcels under 15kg.

Past-Member
    Up

Re: Couriers Please is transporting items/envelopes free to RC

Perhaps instead of sending heavy office parcels, send vouchers (for whatever the big stationery stores are down there) or the Australia Post gift cards that seem to be able to be used all over the place. That would mean they could purchase the office stuff they needed even through the post offices which seem to sell all kinds of things now.

I think also, a nice note of encouragement with the envelope that other business people, particularly small and soloists, are thinking of them and wanting to help.

Although I gave to the Red Cross, I also gave to the Victoria Wildlife Fund because of all the injured animals and was reminded again of all the work of the volunteers down there.

I realise that we are all just trying to mull ideas around for practical help even though most of us have made monetary donations as well.

I think we are all feeling just a little useless when we all have so much motivation to give. It’s a waiting game of time.

Keep up the mulling of ideas … – Karen

HELP VICTORIAN BUSH FIRE VICTIMS people & animals
    Official links
    http://www.redcross.org.au
    http://www.salvos.org.au
    ANIMALS
    http://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.