Home – New Forums Money matters COVID-19: Send me your questions about accessing your superannuation?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lucy Kippist
    • Total posts: 230
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Did you catch this story by Cec Busby today? She spoke to founder of Gig Super who is advising against accessing superannuation during this period. I want to investigate this issue for our community, please drop your questions & concerns here so I can get some answers and information.

Thoughts are with everyone right now,

Lucy

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

How many 20 year olds would have $20,000 in their super?

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up
    bb1, post: 269153, member: 53375 wrote:
    How many 20 year olds would have $20,000 in their super?

Yeah very few

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    bb1
    Participant
    Up
    JamesMillar, post: 269155, member: 5318 wrote:
    Yeah very few
    Yes it’s sad really that FS are highlighting ”experts” who just really have no idea.

Don’t get me wrong, I wont be touching my super unless I am absolutely desperate, but how much can you rely on ”expert” advise when they have no idea. Plus the obvious self interest in any advise they would give.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

The article is informative conceptually.

From a broader economic standpoint, people that do need to access their Super will be putting money back into the economy and Ausralian’s do have the resources to accommodate withdrawing some of it’s very large pool of funds in Superannuation.

Like all financial articles (that is what this is – it does not purport to be specific advice given to an individual), being more informed is a good thing.

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 269167, member: 78928 wrote:
    Like all financial articles (that is what this is – it does not purport to be specific advice given to an individual), being more informed is a good thing.

Ah maybe reread [USER=98720]@Lucy Kippist[/USER] comment which clearly says Gig super who is advising against. That sounds like advise to me, if you are claiming to provide advise, provide good advise.
    But I must admit I am still hanging out for

[USER=98720]@Lucy Kippist[/USER] to answer my question.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.