Home – New Forums Tech talk CPC of Google Placement Ads

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Khaz0r
    Participant
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I am curious as to know what I’d be expecting to pay for a Google Placement image ad.

At the moment I’ve set a $40 daily budget and a max CPC of $4. I’ve targeted the ads to specific websites and also targeted the ads to display on websites with specific interests including sports and travel.

These ads are running from midday – 11pm

The campaign has been set up for a week now and I’ve only received approx 3,500 impressions.

Here is what I think might be happening, and it would be great if you could share your thoughts too:

1. My CPC too low and I should try to increase it
    2. My CPC is 10% of the daily budget. Maybe Google is limiting the air-time of my ads
    3. Both

Thanks in advanced.
    Andrew

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi Andrew,

its difficult to comment without knowing more. I guess you are talking about using the Display Network via AdWords but saying you bid this or that is meaningless without more context.

For example, lawyers routinely bid up to $50 per click on the search network for some queries and some pretty high numbers for re-marketing on the Display Network too. Receiving 3,500 impressions might be good going, depending what your target actually is!

I can see you’re in something related to sports and travel but would need more info to give you more (relevant) advice.

Hit me up privately if you don’t want it all public

Cheers
    Aidan

Khaz0r
    Participant
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am referring to the Display Network via Adwords.

I hear what you’re saying, I didn’t realise that some bids would be $50+ and I’m sure insurance ads would cost a lot more. I guess in the end it’s an auction and the business with the highest bid will generally get the spot.

I’ve always been doing pretty well with text based ads and I can manage the costs there, but now that I’m testing the waters with image ads, I find that I cannot make ads appear within my limited budget.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Again, would need to know more, it could be something as simple as your target placements are more expensive than your bids or your niche is not relevant enough to them. It could be ad sizes are not compatible with their slots etc etc…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.