Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Creating a logo….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    ::

Oh, missed this too…

NathanB, post: 133120 wrote:
    2. Then guarantee it, not “almost guarantee” it. What’s an “almost gaurentee” is that where you take my money and then claim success if it works but deny failure if is doesn’t? I will pay you what ever you charge as long as you make me more. Deal? – Obviously you have to be able to demonstrate what you do in a way that can be measured.
    I can’t guarantee that going up and talking to a girl will get her to go out with you. But I can guarantee that it will increase your chances of her going out with you.

And I actually have made from time to time business deals that created basically a “partnership” with my client and I, if they are 1) the kind of person I want to be in partnership with, and 2) they have a business model I believe in. One of those involved a lower up front fee, and a certain amount per lead generated. I did quite well from that arrangement. :)

NathanB
    Participant
    • Total posts: 775
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 133126 wrote:
    Oh, missed this too…

I can’t guarantee that going up and talking to a girl will get her to go out with you. But I can guarantee that it will increase your chances of her going out with you.

And I actually have made from time to time business deals that created basically a “partnership” with my client and I, if they are 1) the kind of person I want to be in partnership with, and 2) they have a business model I believe in. One of those involved a lower up front fee, and a certain amount per lead generated. I did quite well from that arrangement. :)

I not disputing that, I’m just asking:

How? :)

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    Quote:
    no one in this thread has been able or willing to demonstrate how THEY use their skills, knowledge or understanding of the subject in manner to present such a impact.

This thread is not about any one individual, it has always been about oDesk et al VS hiring a professional designer for “15 times the price” and hence, that article I posted provides you with the information needed.

NathanB
    Participant
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 133134 wrote:
    This thread is not about any one individual, it has always been about oDesk et al VS hiring a professional designer for “15 times the price” and hence, that article I posted provides you with the information needed.

No, it has been about the professionals that are 15 times to price being able to demonstrating they are WORTH 15 times the price.

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    NathanB, post: 133136 wrote:
    No, it has been about the professionals that are 15 times to price being able to demonstrate they are WORTH 15 times the price.

Exactly, not one individual – just what I said above.

NathanB
    Participant
    Up

I have also been asking that as a professional that works in that space (albeit you outsource yourself to other locals).

What Outcomes can you or do you promise to differentiate yourself from the other designers out there?

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up
    NathanB, post: 133140 wrote:
    What Outcomes can you or do you promise to differentiate yourself from the other designers out there?
    This really shows how little you know about the area.

No one can answer your question unless they are provided details on the client’s business, their target audience, and what exact service or outcome they require. And for every single client this combination will be completely unique.

And anyone who answers any different is either selling a “product” (which is certainly not my area of business), or truly doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

But go ahead, use outsourced designers, use local designers/developers that delivered what I believe is a quite average perhaps even sub-standard site (relative to the budget you had obviously), and if that provides a satisfactory result for your business and you’re happy with that all good. Personally though, I have never been happy with “satisfactory”, and I think clients can recognise and appreciate that when they come across it, whether from me or one of the other very good professionals in the industry.

NathanB
    Participant
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 133141 wrote:
    This really shows how little you know about the area.

No one can answer your question unless they are provided details on the client’s business, their target audience, and what exact service or outcome they require. And for every single client this combination will be completely unique.

And anyone who answers any different is either selling a “product” (which is certainly not my area of business), or truly doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Why not?

Then how do you advertise or distinguish yourself from others in your space if you need to know your clients in advance of being able to make any assettions about what you do. Your websites are a “product”. Your knowledge of design and success design strategy are “products” too.

If they are not, then all I am buying is your time and you are still yet to demonstrate why it is worth it.

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up

you need to know your clients in advance of being able to make any assettions about what you do.

I need to know my clients so I can determine if I can offer them what they need. Not every client is suitable for my services, nor are my services suitable for every client. And I am very open and honest about it if we are not suitable for each other, and provide some advice and guidance on who to look for.

And why don’t you answer a question for once…

For the majority of my work (90% of it) I don’t advertise, or “sell” myself at all. Why is that?

NathanB
    Participant
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 133148 wrote:
    I need to know my clients so I can determine if I can offer them what they need. Not every client is suitable for my services, nor are my services suitable for every client. And I am very open and honest about it if we are not suitable for each other, and provide some advice and guidance on who to look for.

For the majority of my work (90% of it) I don’t advertise, or “sell” myself at all. Why is that?

I’ll happily take that open and honest advice for my my site was which you have described being so average i infer compared to all the sites in your folio that make more money for you clients and it would be great if you could direct me to some one to help me out as you suggest as I am obviously not your target market.

Questions for me? Shoot…

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up

Seems you avoided answering the one question I put to you, after posting pages of posts being dissatisfied with your questions not being answered.

So I’ll wait until you can be bothered before bothering to post anything more myself.

NathanB
    Participant
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 133151 wrote:
    Seems you avoided answering the one question I put to you, after posting pages of posts being dissatisfied with your questions not being answered.

So I’ll wait until you can be bothered before bothering to post anything more myself.

What was that question again please?

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up

Seriously, FFS.

Zava Design, post: 133148 wrote:

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 133134 wrote:
    This thread is not about any one individual, it has always been about oDesk et al VS hiring a professional designer for “15 times the price” and hence, that article I posted provides you with the information needed.Hi Condor.

Many web design companies use outsourced designers, as I know you do.

Can you tell me what is the difference between

a) Someone who asks (or knows if they are doing it themselves) all the right branding questions and outsources the work locally.

or

b) Someone who asks (or knows if they are doing it themselves) all the right branding questions and outsources the work on odesk.

Thanks

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 133141 wrote:
    But go ahead, use outsourced designers, use local designers/developers that delivered what I believe is a quite average perhaps even sub-standard site (relative to the budget you had obviously), and if that provides a satisfactory result for your business and you’re happy with that all good.Are talking about Nathan’s own site here? If so, you just lost the argument…
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 110 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating a logo….’ is closed to new replies.