Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Creating a viral marketing campaign

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Sl
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I am launching a new website in July – a discount guide for weddings and events

Any ideas on creating a buzz and launching a viral marketing campaign?

I have a very limited marketing budget and have no idea how to market with a limited budget.

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

created this site http://www.eventschoice.com.au and realised it was too hard to market, especially considering I was marketing my shows so it sits online doing nothing, I get the occasional advertiser

It is free, I have a discounts section online for companies with their special promotion I created a powerful toolbar negotiated with all the other Australian news companies to have their news instantly appear on the toolbar and website and no one is interested in advertising for free

you could also create event specific adverts, advertise your social media channels such as facebook, youtube and twitter yet no one is interested

good luck to you, seriously I found the industry doesn’t care

createdevelop
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

First of all, to the wedding guide, you obviously need to get people advertising/promoting on the site to build content, which will attract traffic (or give you something you can promote rather than a shell of a site). I would start with free advertising for the first six months of launching the site. It depends on how your site is set up, but I would say a “deal of the day” could easily be promoted on Facebook.

I would also say that starting a website with no budget and no marketing expertise would mean you should try to contact someone professional who can help you.

For the events directory owner, there are two MAJOR things that are missing from your site. One is the draw, as in what is going to make people who are searching for venues come to your site. If there is something, it is not clear that your site is anything other than a plain copy of a php link directory site (of which there are millions on the web).

The second thing is that your SEO is all up the creek. For one thing the keywords in your URLs should be closer to the domain. For another thing hardly any of the pages on the site have any content on them to interest the search engines.

Anyway you get the idea.

seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157
    Up
    MyEventBook, post: 79122 wrote:
    Hi All,

I am launching a new website in July – a discount guide for weddings and events

Any ideas on creating a buzz and launching a viral marketing campaign?

I have a very limited marketing budget and have no idea how to market with a limited budget.

Facebook is a good place to market your business for free. You can start creating and building your own business fan page for your website (by updating your page wall with useful tips and news about wedding, posting your business photos and providing some info about your business). On your facebook profile, start to build your list of friends and introduce your upcoming website.

JaneB
    • Total posts: 324
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 79418 wrote:
    created this site http://www.eventschoice.com.au and realised it was too hard to market, …..

good luck to you, seriously I found the industry doesn’t care

That looks a really good and comprehensive site. There are some fabulous speakers listed in the speaker section – the only one I checked out.

If it’s slow getting off the ground maybe it’s just hard to find in the razzamatazz and noise of the entertainment industry.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    seolyka2, post: 79643 wrote:
    Facebook is a good place to market your business for free. You can start creating and building your own business fan page for your website (by updating your page wall with useful tips and news about wedding, posting your business photos and providing some info about your business). On your facebook profile, start to build your list of friends and introduce your upcoming website.

Why waste time and effort creating content on FB when the content really needs to be on the site?

The facebook page should be nothing more than a republish if blog posts on the main site.

They have a website – that is what it is for…content.

That said, have a look at some of the top sites in your segment in the USA. There are some HUGE sites and mostly they have great content, amazing photos, and specifically target a niche within weddings. By having a site of appeal helps get the listings and the advertisers. They also have tiered listing types as well from free to fairly costly.

seolyka2
    Up
    King, post: 79656 wrote:
    Why waste time and effort creating content on FB when the content really needs to be on the site?

The facebook page should be nothing more than a republish if blog posts on the main site.

They have a website – that is what it is for…content.

I agree, that they should give a lot of focus working on their content. They should provide their website with quality, unique and interesting content so that their potential customers would become interested to their offered services.

The thread starter (MyEventBook) just asked for some ideas on creating a buzz and launching a viral marketing campaign so I suggested creating a business fan page on facebook because I know setting up a business Fan Page is one of the effective ways to spread the word to others about your site and to let them talk about your business. It can also help you reach more targeted visitors and establish your brand awareness.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I suggested creating a business fan page on facebook because I know setting up a business Fan Page is one of the effective ways to spread the word to others about your site and to let them talk about your business.

That is not my experience. I have tried hard for two years to get any interaction on business fan pages – inviting EVERY customer to come and interact. Result so far – ZERO.

Besides why take it offsite when there are so many good tools that can do the same and keep them onsite?

MakeUpByBen
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

On my site I have a blog which means it has constantly updated information on it to draw people back. I use Facebook simply as a way to draw other people to my site by publishing extracts from my blog posts with a link leading back to my site.

However, to the OP as someone who works in wedding industry and has done for quite sometime there are a lot of wedding sites out there who have a really well set up SEO. These sites get at the top of the first page of Google searches so do keep in mind your SEO.

As for advertising well contact me when you’re setup :)

seolyka2
    Up
    King, post: 79768 wrote:
    Besides why take it offsite when there are so many good tools that can do the same and keep them onsite?

Hi King, I’m just giving my suggestion that the thread starter can do. He may try it to see if it’s effective for his site.

I know that there are lot of things to do onsite like content and its optimisation but I’m just giving him some ideas that he can do for his marketing campaign.

Aside from that, I think posting updates (I don’t mean creating content on FB. What I mean is just sharing your site or blog updates) on Business Fan Page is not that time-consuming. He may spend a little time updating his fan page and give more time doing onsite.

stormgirl
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

I am using Facebook and Twitter as an adjunct to my website. They allow me to make announcements and link to my blog. My content is on the website, but these social media solutions help to get the content out there.
    I have a business page on Facebook which was very easy to set up. Given that social media is so popular these days with all sections of society and all age groups, any business not using it, is not maximising their opportunities to engage with potential customers.
    I would also suggest that you persevere as it will take time to build your brand and a customer base.
    Good Luck with your business. I hope you are successful in your venture.

Regards
    Heather

Sl
    Up

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your ideas. Facebook fan page is something I would definitely do. I am currently looking to hire someone to run a facebook campaign on our product – thin includes the status updates and creative and interesting things to engage the fans..

The website is going to be up in 1st week of July and pretty happy with the content of it so far.
    This is not an event planner by the way; it is a deals and discount guide for members. I am a bit worried that the name myeventbook could be misleading

EventChoice, maybe you should try to simplify the design and the contents. I kind of got lost in your site. Don’t get discouraged. It takes so much courage to start up your own venture and for most of us the success comes with lot of hard work and few bumps and failures along the way.

Ben, I will be in touch with you as soon as the site is up. Anyways it’s FREE for vendors to join our site!

Thanks again.. Love this forum!

SparkleInvitations
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

I’m afraid I don’t have any great new suggestions for you – google & facebook are no-brainers but will take some time and effort.

what i can say is that once you’ve launched, I’d love to hear about it as i’ve just joined the wedding industry too! Sparkle Invitations provides stationery & invitations at very affordable prices..
    Emily

Sl
    Up
    SparkleInvitations, post: 81276 wrote:
    I’m afraid I don’t have any great new suggestions for you – google & facebook are no-brainers but will take some time and effort.

what i can say is that once you’ve launched, I’d love to hear about it as i’ve just joined the wedding industry too! Sparkle Invitations provides stationery & invitations at very affordable prices..
    Emily

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will pm you all about the upcoming site.
    We just handed over our marketing to a professional SEO company hopefully it will get mroe traffic to our site.

altima
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

My couple cents: if you are going to use social media, check HootSuite – http://hootsuite.com/

It’s a nice tool that saves your time to distribute a message across popular platforms, like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.