Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Creative Business Jingles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Richard_Marks
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hi,

Wanting to know how and what to do in order to get a jingle made up, and how much a jingle would cost.

Is this a good way to Brand your business??

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    Dovelle, post: 87428 wrote:
    Wanting to know how and what to do in order to get a jingle made up, and how much a jingle would cost.

Google “jingle writer australia” and get some quotes?

Is this a good way to Brand your business??

Would you use it on your website, or TV/Radio advertising? Is the jingle just a small part of an overall marketing strategy?

Wendy :)

Richard_Marks
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

I am working out my marketing strategy, I just know that having the jingle and using it with radio and web site etc will get a familiarity so when people need an electrician they think of my jingle thus bringing me work.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I had a friend who, in the 70s and 80s, was a fantastic jingle writer for radio 2SM clients. He is now in the US. The amazing thing is that all these years later, if I hear the jingle I still think of the client it was written for.

So, yes, if you have a jingle that is yours and yours alone, it could be worth the investment. If you want to use a song that is not written exclusively for you, then you will need to pay for the rights to use it (through APRA AMCOS – http://www.apra-amcos.com.au )

And it would be a good part of your branding, but not the only part.

All the best.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I think it’s a great idea.

I can still remember the phone numbers of Lube Mobile, Pizza Hut and Victory Blinds, even though I’ve never had any interest in any of those businesses.

And I only know one brand of Hot water system thanks to a catchy jingle.

You could always try commissioning a student to do it for you. You could post an ad on gumtree.com.au or something similar. Just make sure you have a well written contract to cover yourself as far as royalties and IP goes.

tayjooann.com
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

i did read somewhere about drawing a fine line between jingles and bad connotation.

like if the jingle gets overplayed or become ‘annoying’ in consumers’ minds, they might associate the annoyance with your branding too? it is sort of unconscious and people don’t notice the link cause its subtle?

Also, I would suggest supporting the jingles with actual tv ads/print so that people can associate your jingle with a visual. Like for example, for the longest time, i’ve heard local liquor’s jingle so many times but never actually put a name/face to it until i heard someone sing it in front of the store! Articulation and your voice talent is another investment here!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Dovelle,

If you type ‘jingle’ in the Flying Solo search bar (in the black banner to the top right of your screen), you’ll find some people in our directory that might be able to help you.

All the best with it – please let us hear it when it’s done :)

Jayne

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

whatever jingle you use, make sure it directly benefits your target audience.

“clever” doesn’t generate sales. there are many cases that people remember clever ads and jingles but forget the actual product.

the best jingle i remember is 3892111 – pizza hut delivery or the big mac 2 all beef, patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickle, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Growing up in singapore, when mcdoanlds introduced this, we used to get free soft drink if we said it under 5 seconds. i was 8 and it was 1986.

tayjooann.com
    • Total posts: 34
    Up
    hymstrategies, post: 88051 wrote:
    whatever jingle you use, make sure it directly benefits your target audience.

“clever” doesn’t generate sales. there are many cases that people remember clever ads and jingles but forget the actual product.

the best jingle i remember is 3892111 – pizza hut delivery or the big mac 2 all beef, patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickle, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Growing up in singapore, when mcdoanlds introduced this, we used to get free soft drink if we said it under 5 seconds. i was 8 and it was 1986.

i know exactly what you mean… im singaporean and i clearly remembered pizza huts’ jingles…. and maccas’ i’m loving it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.