Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Critique please … :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,725
    Up
    ::

[ATTACH=full]1614[/ATTACH]

This is what it renders like in chrome. Can you not knock something out in squarespace in 10 minutes that is vastly superior to this?

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. info@360partners.com.au www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up
    JamesMillar, post: 262734, member: 5318 wrote:
    This is what it renders like in chrome. Can you not knock something out in squarespace in 10 minutes that is vastly superior to this?

Hi James

Thanks, yes it is rubbish.
    New design on the way…

I can’t use Squarespace or any of those other builders – for various reasons that I won’t go into here…

Its enough to know from the feedback so far that that particular release was utter garbage.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Can you explain why I would download an app from some random realtor, when I already have 50 apps on my phone and don’t really want to install another app that I may or may not use very much?

Also, do you re-test each and every app on every update of Android/IoS, and make the neccesary code updates which are often required, which is an essential part of maintaining an app?

There’s a reason why many are moving away from apps for those outside the very well known organisations, users just don’t want them for the most part. What they do want is a mobile optimised website, or if the budget is there a dedicated mobile site, that will basically perform almost as good as an app, but not have to be installed on your phone.

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up

I’d also be wary of comments such as this one: “Don’t spend upwards of $10,000 on your app. That is, quite frankly, ridiculous.”

A 10k budget that achieves over a million downloads – maybe even 100,000 – would be far better for most businesses than a 2k app that achieves 100 downloads. Focus on what you deliver, not insulting others in your segment.

Zava Design
    Participant
    Up

And another thing to keep in mind (apologies, just came to me as I submitted the above):

Many even small realtors want to be able to submit & manage their listings in one location if possible, hence why many site builds for realtors integrate with the API from domain.com.au and/or realestate.com.au, utilsing the agency listings from these to populate their own websites. Do your apps do that? Indeed, it’s an app, so it’s not entirely clear how the properties are updated on your apps, there’s zero info on your site about that…??

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.