Home – New Forums Starting your journey CRM and Project Management for Tradies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MarketinginMelbourne
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone

I am helping a one man band tradie set his business up from scratch. He is constantly on the road but has an administrator behind a desk taking calls and making appointments. Although many calls he himself receives and he would like to record and save in the CRM.

Can anyone suggest a simple CRM tool that satisfies the following specific criteria:

1> operates in the cloud
    2> has a mobile app
    3> allows us to manage calls, clients, projects easily and customise to our needs
    4> is a simple CRM and not expensive (nothing like Salesforce)
    5> mobile Phone calls integration would be great but not essential.
    6> Integrates with Google calendar if possible but not essential.

We would also like suggestions for a project management tool. I’ve been looking at Basecamp, Highrise, BAse CRM but would love to hear from similar small businesses.

What have people used and loved?
    Thanks!!
    Dina

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

This will do everything you’ve listed in one go Insightly. I used it for a long while managing multiple clients on multiple projects (building industry), every document and email for each project can be tied together … sync’s seamlessly to Google Apps etc … it’s both a good task /project manager and CRM in one.

I tried quite a few others but kept coming back to this one.

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up
    MarketinginMelbourne, post: 191768 wrote:
    Hi everyone

I am helping a one man band tradie set his business up from scratch. He is constantly on the road but has an administrator behind a desk taking calls and making appointments. Although many calls he himself receives and he would like to record and save in the CRM.

Can anyone suggest a simple CRM tool that satisfies the following specific criteria:

1> operates in the cloud
    2> has a mobile app
    3> allows us to manage calls, clients, projects easily and customise to our needs
    4> is a simple CRM and not expensive (nothing like Salesforce)
    5> mobile Phone calls integration would be great but not essential.
    6> Integrates with Google calendar if possible but not essential.

We would also like suggestions for a project management tool. I’ve been looking at Basecamp, Highrise, BAse CRM but would love to hear from similar small businesses.

What have people used and loved?
    Thanks!!
    Dina

Hi Dina,

There are a number of tools designed specifically for this sector – two at an entry level include GeoOP & ServiceM8. Following comments apply to both (although there are some subtle differences).

Product designed for tradies, allows you to create jobs, create quotes for customers really quickly which you can email (and they look rally professional). Once accepted the jobs can be assigned to the tradie via his mobile (and if at some stage he takes on staff they are scaleable). The products allow the user to record time and materials to the job whilst on site (massively improves cashflow), and a whole lot more besides. Both have back end integrations to accounting solutions (MYOB / Xero).

Neither is difficult to install, although there is a bit of a learning curve, we work with both so please feel free to call if you need any help,

Cheers, Rhys

MarketinginMelbourne
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    estim8, post: 191775 wrote:
    This will do everything you’ve listed in one go Insightly. I used it for a long while managing multiple clients on multiple projects (building industry), every document and email for each project can be tied together … sync’s seamlessly to Google Apps etc … it’s both a good task /project manager and CRM in one.

I tried quite a few others but kept coming back to this one.

Thanks very much. I really like Insightly too. Have you integrated it with a quoting or invoicing system? Or any other 3rd party tools?

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    MarketinginMelbourne, post: 192698 wrote:
    Thanks very much. I really like Insightly too. Have you integrated it with a quoting or invoicing system? Or any other 3rd party tools?

At the time I was using a few apps, some experimental, some seriously. Insightly was definitely the best for my workflow, the main integration was Google apps.

Tagging emails to finish up in Insightly was definitely a winner, as was the ability to pull up every project document and email by project (in one click) when a client rang.

For invoicing and quoting I still use Freshbooks, it wasn’t directly integrated to Insightly though. But there’s lots of integration API stuff for Freshbooks including Xero and some others for full tilt accounting … I find I can do 90% of my “bookkeeping” in Freshbooks then just use anything else for the formal stuff. I don’t care about fancy but I like a lot of detail about who owes me money, my cash flow position, and individual project cost control and profit … Freshbooks does this easily … clients love it too (secure 24/7 online access to their account details).

Hope that helps some.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.