Home – New Forums Get productive CRM or Contact Manager – what are the SME options

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Big Note
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

We need a CRM or contact manager that is appropriate for a small team up to 8 people. Most are either mobile or outsourced so an online system or something we can place in dropbox is preferable.

We want it to use it to manage:
    Customer contact details
    Customer contact interactions
    Customer documents and emails (all docs in one place)
    Prospect information
    Prospect follow up dates and reminders
    Work list to easily follow up customers and prospects when due.

We have looked at salesforce but it was a bit too ridged and costly for us in the long run.

What are you using and why?

Looking forward to any insights we can get.

Thanks.

Graham Apolony
    Big Note Marketing

FreelanceWriter
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hello why not try CRM Australia?
    http://www.crmaus.com.au/
    They start at $49 a month and cater to small businesses.

I know Alan the CEO from around the place, he’s a hard working guy and knows his product intricately.

Cheers,

Clea

[MODERATED – link already in signature]

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

I’ve tried a few, and keep coming back to this one;

Insightly

I like it mainly because it can tie together all documents and emails together, either by project or client.

Client rings … hit the button and all project docs are there.

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi there,

We posted this question on Facebook and have had these responses.

Hope this helps!

Sam

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

We use Zoho. Good and very flexible.

Basically can do whatever we want it to do.

Big Note
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 212295 wrote:
    We use Zoho. Good and very flexible.

Basically can do whatever we want it to do.

Thanks Matthew. Zoho looks very interesting and flexible. I had a demo of Salesforce some time back and it was just too complicated for the level of use we needed. Zoho looks like it would be easy to use with the option to expand if we decide we need more in the future.

What product do you use?

Graham Apolony
    Big Note Marketing

Big Note
    Up
    Greg_M, post: 212266 wrote:
    I’ve tried a few, and keep coming back to this one;

Insightly

I like it mainly because it can tie together all documents and emails together, either by project or client.

Client rings … hit the button and all project docs are there.

Yes Greg I have had a go at Insightly and it really felt easy and intuitive to use. Definitely near the top of the options list. I think it might come down to a choice between Insightly and Zoho, I will trial both.

Graham Apolony
    Big Note Marketing

thekindconsultant
    • Total posts: 105
    Up

For simplicity, I recommend Insightly. It’s no-frills. It’s suitable for storing information. But not a lot else.

For power and value-for-money, I recommend Agile CRM. I use it myself and have rolled it out to several of my clients, and it is the best value CRM I have come across. The email functionality and automated workflows are comparable to what you get with some of the high-end systems. Not the most reliable CRM I have used, but you’ll soon look past the odd bit of lag…

thekindconsultant
    • Total posts: 105
    Up
    Big Note, post: 212329 wrote:
    Yes Greg I have had a go at Insightly and it really felt easy and intuitive to use. Definitely near the top of the options list. I think it might come down to a choice between Insightly and Zoho, I will trial both.

The great thing about Insightly is that you get a lot for free. A client of mine who is a magazine publisher started out with Insightly and it took a fair time to outgrow it.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    thekindconsultant, post: 212337, member: 65902 wrote:
    For simplicity, I recommend Insightly. It’s no-frills. It’s suitable for storing information. But not a lot else.
    I’d have to disagree that it’s only suitable for storage.

It’s been a while since I used it regularly, but not only did it store doc’s/emails per project, or client, you could set up repeat process tasks for managing projects, get project status, a full calendar task list, contacts, clients etc etc etc.

It’s not that pretty, but it was very intuitive to use. I used it to manage masses of documentation and emails on projects with non flexible deadlines (large construction tenders). I would be managing quite a few of these at any one time for a large range of principals bidding … it took a lot more than storage to manage this efficiently and Insightly was an important part of managing that workflow.

Chris H
    • Total posts: 111
    Up

It’s a bit of a secret, but Microsoft has a free download for Outlook called “Business Contact Manager”. It’s actually a fully functioning yet small CRM. This is probably a good first step for most small businesses who have outgrown Outlook contacts.

Renuka
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

I would recommend Sugar CRM.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

I’ve played with quite a few and I’m pleasantly surprised with Bitrix24.

Wendy :)

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

There is a very good CRM out there developed by an AU company based out of QLD.
    It called Ninjodo and starts at $9.95 per month.

http://www.ninjodo.com

Paul Leach
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Have a look at Hubspot, I have tried Zoho and Isightly but prefer Hubspot over both.
    The CRM is free but add ons like Marketing are paid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.