Home – New Forums Logistics Custom Fee, Broker Fee

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Trent Tran
    Participant
    • Total posts: 166
    Up
    ::

Hi All
    I have a smilar issue with this thread
    http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?threads/confused-about-customs-charges-do-i-need-a-broker.40269/

To put it in short, I am aware of anything less than $1000 excluding shipping should be short and simple as it will go straight to your do without issue.
    Unfortunately, in my case it is $1100 where the headache starts

1) Fedex decided to impose a charge of $80: $50 for Inspection fee and $30 for Documentation which I feel it is an unreasonable charge
    2) 10% GST on the goods and the shipping :$137.95 ?????
    3) Duty: $59
    4) Import charge $50 (less than $10,000 worth of goods)
    5)AQIS: $33

so just because of I ordered $100 over the threashold I now I have to pay $360. What a painful lesson !

If I do not pay it, it will be return to the manufacturer and the cost of re-posting it back to me plus the waiting time would be similar. I bite the bullet this time
    As our dollars flucuate, last order of mine was worth of $1010 and nothing happened., the parcel went straight to my door. Anyway, just to let our soloists know :)

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    Grandawood, post: 240724, member: 66994 wrote:
    Hi All
    I have a smilar issue with this thread
    http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?threads/confused-about-customs-charges-do-i-need-a-broker.40269/

To put it in short, I am aware of anything less than $1000 excluding shipping should be short and simple as it will go straight to your do without issue.
    Unfortunately, in my case it is $1100 where the headache starts

1) Fedex decided to impose a charge of $80: $50 for Inspection fee and $30 for Documentation which I feel it is an unreasonable charge
    2) 10% GST on the goods and the shipping :$137.95 ?????
    3) Duty: $59
    4) Import charge $50 (less than $10,000 worth of goods)
    5)AQIS: $33

so just because of I ordered $100 over the threashold I now I have to pay $360. What a painful lesson !

If I do not pay it, it will be return to the manufacturer and the cost of re-posting it back to me plus the waiting time would be similar. I bite the bullet this time
    As our dollars flucuate, last order of mine was worth of $1010 and nothing happened., the parcel went straight to my door. Anyway, just to let our soloists know :)

Hi Grandawood. I feel your pain.

Valuable lesson – thanks for sharing.

Cheers

FreightSelect
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hi Grandawood,
    Thanks for sharing! We did manage to help Deb from the previous post or at the very least are in the process of doing so. We have a very simple solution to this issue which effectively puts you total control of your imports and all of the documentation relating to them (which you’re 100% correct is usually where the issues stem from).

Give me a call on 0434 185 587, our business exists to solve problems just like this. I’m more than happy to have a relaxed chat and share some advise.

Kind Regards,

Matt

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Its a hard one, as soon as it exceeds the threshold all sorts of fees start to be incurred – AQIS inspection depending on items and anything else the government perceive may be required :( and it all adds up.. Hurts…

Its hard to mitigate these incurrences, so curious on what Matt is advising, when you exceed thresholds… The one i dislike is the way in which the currency conversion is calculated, because i know they are out considerably compared to what i actually pay for some of my items (total costs and can prove although they never take into consideration)…

My advice, and you know me, is to never fudge figures – just be sure to order under to minimise these issues… Fudging, if ever caught out, on your initial documentation or what is submitted via CI or other if proven incorrect can be a terrible outcome..

GOSH, this is when margin is hopefully enough to still make the import worthwhile ;)

Cheers and be well mate..
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    johnnycashflow
    • Total posts: 98
    Up

ive improted goods a few times in my life and I feel your pain,
    I kept it under the threashould and due to exchange rate it was an expenvies mistake,

you could keep it undetr he threshold,
    and send multiple s consecutively, (not simulatenousely)

I originally assumed that sending spaced out would make it look dodgy or frowned upon but when I psoke to a few customs officers, they said its perfectly fine and not seen as being dodgy.

maybe a few brokers could clairfy

if you burinsses gets big you the $90 charge becomes insgicicant if you import say $10k worth of goods

food for thought

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.